Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PHP memory is to small - picmgmt.inc.php on line 262  (Read 14528 times)

Guzz

• Coppermine newbie
PHP memory is to small - picmgmt.inc.php on line 262
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:05:59 pm »

I have read the FAQ and what i can understand is that my picture which is 2048 x 1536 in RGB should use 9 Mb. My host has a limit on 16 Mb but any way it dosent work. In the FAQ I also read that you should ad what Coopermine used, is that really more than 7 Mb?

Is the fault in Coppermine or at my host? ???

Thanks ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Guzz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: PHP memory is to small - picmgmt.inc.php on line 262
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:35:56 am »

I don't understand... What do you mean I should do? :-\ I have already read that!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 10:07:30 am »

Then re-read it. It clearly says what you're suppossed to do when asking for support.

Guzz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:51:22 pm »

The link didn't work a first, redirected me to another part, sorry. :-[

Then there are double information, the page says to wait with debug information but Coppermine tells me to post it, what should it be?

And do you want a test acount? If so could I PM it?

This is the error code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /www/110mb.com/u/n/d/e/r/c/o/n/underconstruction/htdocs/nv/fotoalbum/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 01:16:15 pm »

Then there are double information, the page says to wait with debug information but Coppermine tells me to post it, what should it be?
The docs as well as the debug_output section says to post debug_output when requested. Nobody requested it as far as I can see, so there's no contradiction.

And do you want a test acount?
I said so repeatedly now. At least I refered to the docs that clearly say that we need a test user account no matter what.

If so could I PM it?
No, you mustn't send PMs unless requested. You're suppossed to post the test user account. That's why it is suppossed to be a non-admin test user account - this way, nobody can do any harm with the publicly posted account data. After your issue is solved, you can savely disable the test user account. This is all being explained in the docs, why don't you just do as I suggested repeatedly and just do what it says to do when asking for support? >:(

Look: it is very time-consuming to explain every newcomer on this board what he's suppossed to do. That's why we wrote the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. It is meant to make things easier both for supporters (because we have to explain less) as well as for users looking for support (because they then don't have to ask what information we need in the first place). You're not the first person being stubborn and refusing to read the docs. That's why we have created a special paragraph in the docs for people like you:
When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
What exactly do you not understand? In my opinion this paragraph should be pretty self-explanatory.

This is the error code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /www/110mb.com/u/n/d/e/r/c/o/n/underconstruction/htdocs/nv/fotoalbum/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262
This is being covered in the sticky thread and the FAQ as well: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of X bytes exhausted
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:31:18 pm by GauGau »

Guzz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:58:55 pm »

Exuse me! :-\

First of all I have read the Sticky and I have read about Fatal error: Allowed memory size of X bytes exhausted. And by reading that I understud that the picture I was trying to upload was consuming 9 Mb.

Thats why I asked my question on the here on the forum, because my host has a limet on 16 Mb. I wonderd if it was my host which the fault laid or if it was inside Coopermine.

You replied with a link which I clicked and came to 4.11.1 Uploading pics by FTP / Batch-Add Pictures, why I dont know!

Because of that I didn't understod what your point was, and I asked what you meand.

The next time i clicked the link I got correct and read what it said, I went-true the points and did whats it was saying.

The part were I said that the FAQ and the information inside  Coopermine differt was the following:
Om du vill ha hjälp på Coppermines supportforum, kopiera den här debuginformationen och klista in den i ditt inlägg, tillsammans med eventuellt felmeddelande du får (om något).

It's in Swedish and says that I should post my debuginformation to the forum for support thats why "Then there are double information, the page says to wait with debug information but Coppermine tells me to post it, what should it be?"

And why I asked for PM my information was because I didn't wanted to do my website public by posting about it on a forum.

If you or anybady else still feel to help me this is the information you will need:
password: 983256
user: coopermine_test
url: http://www.underconstruction.110mb.com/nv/fotoalbum/index.php

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:45:17 pm »

Post an example of the file you are adding - it probably needs more than 9MB.

The message is supposed to say 'if requested' - if that is not in the Swedish version then it has been mistranslated.

Your link does not lead anywhere.

Guzz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 05:13:13 pm »

I attach a picture to my post. (Edit: Was bigger then 500 Kb, here it is: http://www.box.net/shared/13z0gpnk2x)

My host seems to have some problems... Refresh and the page and it will load!

And the translation must be mistranslated:
It says the following: If you want help on the Coopermines supportforum, copy this debuginformation and paste it in your post, together with possible error-messages you gets (if any).

Guzz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 05:17:35 pm »

It works better without the www.
http://underconstruction.110mb.com/nv/fotoalbum/index.php

How do oyu edit a post? ???

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 05:20:34 pm »

That image requires 15MB on my system plus 1-2MB for Coppermine itself so it's just over your limit.

Guzz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 05:32:35 pm »

How do you calculate it?

In the sticky it says 2048 x 1536 x 3 = 9 437 184 / 1048576 = 9

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 05:48:36 pm »

I didn't calculate it; I measured it.

Guzz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 05:54:29 pm »

How can I measured it?

Thanks for all help! ;D To bad it's to big...

Nibbler

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 06:21:49 pm »

I did it like this, but you need sufficient memory in the first place.

Code: [Select]
<?php

$src_img 
imagecreatefromjpeg('DSCN4905.JPG');

var_dump(memory_get_usage());

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 06:39:29 pm »

The formula mentioned in the sticky is only a rough estimate. It doesn't take into account compression.

Bottom line: it doesn't make sense to upload pics with the dimensions you mentioned, as they are much larger than the usual screen resolution your visitors have.

As Nibbler suggested: you're running into memory limitations imposed by your webhost. Either make them increase the limit (which I doubt that they will do) or resize your pics on your client before uploading to some resolution that makes sense. Usually 1024 x 768 should be enough.

milkshake92

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 10:23:35 am »

I did all you wrote but it doesnt work :(

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 11:03:14 am »

What dit you do? Did you resize your image to a smaller size on your desktop? That is most likely the only way you are going to be able to upload it. It is also the only way that makes sense. Remember your users will then have to try and download that huge image. It will also consume your bandwidth at an alarming rate if you constantly allow users to view such huge files.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

milkshake92

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 01:38:02 pm »

I did all from http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble but it doesnt work. Why must I make me pic smaller?! I wanna it really big and really big good quality....

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 03:56:53 pm »

Why must I make me pic smaller?! I wanna it really big and really big good quality....
You're using free hosting which means that the server resources are limited. Resize your images before uploading or pay for unlimited hosting.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.