Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload applet (JUpload) : the easiest upload !  (Read 684912 times)

dke

Re: Upload applet (JUpload) : the easiest upload !
« Reply #440 on: January 22, 2008, 11:08:07 am »

Hello,

I love this upload applet, however ive finally encountered a issue with it.

One of my users are uploading pictures which filenames contains unknown signs. The original upload.php will replace the unknown signs with "_" which makes the pictures load properly into coppermine, however jupload is replacing the unknown signatures with "?" and the picture in the gallery gets broken.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thank you!

dke

« Reply #441 on: January 22, 2008, 11:16:43 am »

Would like to add that the default upload.php does not rename the unknown signs to "_" unless you specify the signs in "Characters forbidden in filenames" under config.

Is there a way to get Jupload to use the specifications i enter in the config?

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2008, 01:14:42 pm »

Hello,

I love this upload applet, however ive finally encountered a issue with it.

One of my users are uploading pictures which filenames contains unknown signs. The original upload.php will replace the unknown signs with "_" which makes the pictures load properly into coppermine, however jupload is replacing the unknown signatures with "?" and the picture in the gallery gets broken.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thank you!

Hi,

From my tests there is a problem in internal Coppermine code, for unknown characters (for instance, accents). They are not managed correctly when constructing the HTML page.

I've worked on this one, but I ca't make it working properly: event if files are correctly uploaded by JUpload, they would not be displayed correctly by Coppermine.
  I added it to my todo list.

From your hint/wish, I know where to look into Coppermine code ...

Etienne

NB: Globally, the problem is that the code in upload.php is merge with both HTML generation and picture management. I have to duplicate the code, and guess how to fill the gap.
Would be something to make better in next Coppermine releases. But I'm not in the dev team. I asked to, but no answer. I probably should ask again. This would be an important reworking of upload.php...
Etienne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #443 on: January 22, 2008, 01:23:43 pm »

From my tests there is a problem in internal Coppermine code, for unknown characters (for instance, accents). They are not managed correctly when constructing the HTML page.
That's wrong. Coppermine works as expected if both your encoding in the database as well as the one chosen in coppermine match. This is not the case on your demo, that's why it shows the funny garbled characters.

dke has another open thread on this issue, he's cross-posting (once again). Dke: grow up and respect board rules. You have been warned before. Further misbehaviour will lead to a ban!

dke

« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2008, 02:37:16 pm »

I am sorry Joachim, however i though this issue was both related to jupload and coppermine , so i made 2 different posts in 2 different threads (this one) and my own.

My lack of expertise i would call it, i cannot pin-point the issue..

Thanks for the reply etienne_sf , from what you say it sounds like a real issue, however its not a issue with i try uploading to your gallery. Your gallery does exactly like mine, converts the "åäö" characters to "?" however, for some reason your gallery understands how to read the "?" characters, my gallery wont even display the image when filename contains "?".

Etienne_sf i must ask you, is there a way to make jupload automaticly convert characters like åäö to "_" which upload.php does automaticly? This way my trouble would go away, i don't care about filenames, i just want my pictures to be displayed.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:45:39 pm by dke »

mrsleep99

• Coppermine novice
Re: Upload applet (JUpload)
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2008, 04:06:22 pm »

If my understanding is correct: the applet now shows 'files', and you to replace it by 'pictures' ?

If yes, as I already answered, you can take the applet sources in http://jupload.sourceforge.net, and change it yourself. These text are already translated in several languages, and for a lot of users. So I don't want to change them.

Correct ?
Etienne

Just to refresh--a while back I was interested in changing the pop-up menu following the uploads of files to replace the word "pictures" with "files".
I'm not very familiar with java so how do I go about making this change myself with the link you provided? I can't seem to figure it out. Also, is there a way to change the color and icons in the upload applet? Thank you!

SoftDux

• Coppermine novice
    • SoftDux - The Leaders in Software & Networking
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2008, 05:50:41 pm »

I'd love to try out JUpload, but can't read the text on the buttons. It's in some other language. Where do I change the language to English?

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #447 on: January 23, 2008, 05:45:11 pm »

Etienne_sf i must ask you, is there a way to make jupload automaticly convert characters like åäö to "_" which upload.php does automaticly? This way my trouble would go away, i don't care about filenames, i just want my pictures to be displayed.

Based on your previous mail, I'm looking to understand what's happening in both JUpload and Coppermine: I use exactly the same code.

May be my coppermine configuration that is wrong (and not JUpload)

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: Upload applet (JUpload)
« Reply #448 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:16 pm »

Just to refresh--a while back I was interested in changing the pop-up menu following the uploads of files to replace the word "pictures" with "files".
I'm not very familiar with java so how do I go about making this change myself with the link you provided? I can't seem to figure it out. Also, is there a way to change the color and icons in the upload applet? Thank you!

You can change everything. But you'll have to know enough about java to do that.

If you give me your mail, I can forward to you the compilation doc. Perhaps it will be enough for you. I have to many things to do, to give active support on this one.

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #449 on: January 23, 2008, 06:54:31 pm »

I'd love to try out JUpload, but can't read the text on the buttons. It's in some other language. Where do I change the language to English?

? When you access Coppermine for the first time, it should select the language according to your browser parameters.

Can you try it again. If there are still a strange language: there are two listbox, on top of the defaul theme (may be on the bottom, if you're not using the default one). One of these contains the Coppermine available languages.

Question: is all text in this 'strange' language, or just the upload applet ?

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #450 on: January 23, 2008, 06:57:51 pm »

That's wrong. Coppermine works as expected if both your encoding in the database as well as the one chosen in coppermine match. This is not the case on your demo, that's why it shows the funny garbled characters.

dke has another open thread on this issue, he's cross-posting (once again). Dke: grow up and respect board rules. You have been warned before. Further misbehaviour will lead to a ban!

Joachim,

This should be another thread, but here is an answer to this point.

The path2url() function in functions.inc.php should be updated, so that no restriction occurs:

$path = mb_convert_encoding($path, "UTF-8", "US-ASCII");

Then every characters in the filename that is not properly encoded, will be correctly managed when generating the HTML code for this picture.
  I guess this should be a patch for next Coppermine version.

Etienne

Stewwake

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #451 on: January 23, 2008, 08:45:48 pm »

Nice upload Etienne & I see you are a busy person!

I just have one question, after uploading a file/s is it possible to redirect the user to the Album that he/she just uploaded into?

How could I go about doing this?

Many Thanks

SoftDux

• Coppermine novice
    • SoftDux - The Leaders in Software & Networking
« Reply #452 on: January 23, 2008, 09:22:42 pm »

? When you access Coppermine for the first time, it should select the language according to your browser parameters.

Can you try it again. If there are still a strange language: there are two listbox, on top of the defaul theme (may be on the bottom, if you're not using the default one). One of these contains the Coppermine available languages.

Question: is all text in this 'strange' language, or just the upload applet ?

Etienne

It's just the upload applet. English was set everywhere, and I think there's something wrong with the code (or maybe a combination of code. I had the V3 installed, but downgraded to 2.6.4, which now works fine. Thank you :)

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #453 on: January 23, 2008, 10:12:12 pm »

I just have one question, after uploading a file/s is it possible to redirect the user to the Album that he/she just uploaded into?

How could I go about doing this?

Hi,

There is no parameter for that in JUpload. You can only see the pictures you just uploaded. I did it for these reasons:
  • If the album you upload in contains a lot of pictures, it's not nice to have to look for your pictures
  • I need a picture where you may enter data (title, desc..) for your pictures. It may not work if an aproval from the admin is needed.

If you want to update it yourself, you'll have to change the applet code. If you know Java, the update is in the CoppermineUploadPolicy class, afterUpload method.

Regards
Etienne

AWJunkies

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #454 on: January 24, 2008, 04:17:46 am »

It's just the upload applet. English was set everywhere, and I think there's something wrong with the code (or maybe a combination of code. I had the V3 installed, but downgraded to 2.6.4, which now works fine. Thank you :)

I still have this issue as well. Nothing I do is changing the language back to English. This only happened with the latest release and not the previous.

Any status on bridge systems as well?

dke

« Reply #455 on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:22 am »

Based on your previous mail, I'm looking to understand what's happening in both JUpload and Coppermine: I use exactly the same code.

May be my coppermine configuration that is wrong (and not JUpload)

Etienne

Maybe there is a issue with my gallery interacting with jupload or vice versa, would you care to test it out?

I have guest uploads allowed, if you use any of these characters "åäö" in a filename the image will not be displayed by the gallery. The characters will be converted to "?". However when i use the default "upload.php" (which comes with coppermine) when i upload files containing these characters "åäö" they will be converted to "_" instead of the characters. And coppermine can read the image location.

What i would like to do is to make jupload do the same type of convertion, insted of "?" do "_" which coppermine can read.

Here is a link to my jupload : http://83.226.208.233/index.php?file=jupload/jupload

Thank you again etienne_sf for your support, your upload plugin is awesome!

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #456 on: January 24, 2008, 02:09:26 pm »

I still have this issue as well. Nothing I do is changing the language back to English. This only happened with the latest release and not the previous.

Any status on bridge systems as well?

May be linked with bridge, but I don't think so. Check the 3.0.0rc3, available now (a release notes comes, in this forum). For me, everything is ok now ... to be confirmed

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
JUpload release 3.0.0rc3
« Reply #457 on: January 24, 2008, 02:12:01 pm »

Hi,

Here is the announce for the 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3 version.

This version is available on the page below. It works nice for me, but I need confirmation from other users with other configurations.
http://etienne.lesgauthier.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=jupload_coppermine_download_gb

Release notes for 3.0.0.RC3:

Changes:
  * [Major] Internal session management. This should correct all connection problem, that occurs in bridge mode. See the new sessionManagement configuration parameter.
  * [Minor] More debug info, when applet can't upload files, to analyze what happens in Coppermine.
  * [Major] The plugin is now partially compatible with Stramm's ModPack. Partially, as jupload can not managed all kind of album sharing (share with a friend...). Only standard Coppermine stuff.

Fixes:
  * [Minor] The annoying bug, when pictures colors would becoming 'strange' with some camera manufacturer (eg. Canon EOS) seems to be solved. Please confirm it..

Translation
  * Partial Persian added (only PHP part), thanks to Sami
  * Brazilian Portugese translation updated, thanks to Rafael Fontes
  * Hebrew translation added

To do, before official release (see dke mail):
  * Check behaviour with file containing non ASCII characters (French or German accents, for instance). Works better than before (applet would not even resize/rotate them). Now, there seems to be problems within PHP, but it may be my Coppermine configuration as standard upload doesn't work better.
   => Please confirm if it works for you or not with filename like this one: éùàè.jpg

Etienne

Stewwake

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #458 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:37 pm »

Hi,

There is no parameter for that in JUpload. You can only see the pictures you just uploaded. I did it for these reasons:

* If the album you upload in contains a lot of pictures, it's not nice to have to look for your pictures
    * I need a picture where you may enter data (title, desc..) for your pictures. It may not work if an aproval from the admin is needed.

If you want to update it yourself, you'll have to change the applet code. If you know Java, the update is in the CoppermineUploadPolicy class, afterUpload method.

Ok thanks Etienne, that makes sense, I will have a look at the code.

Thanks

dke

Re: JUpload release 3.0.0rc3
« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2008, 09:31:16 am »

Hi,

Here is the announce for the 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3 version.

This version is available on the page below. It works nice for me, but I need confirmation from other users with other configurations.
http://etienne.lesgauthier.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=jupload_coppermine_download_gb

Release notes for 3.0.0.RC3:

Changes:
  * [Major] Internal session management. This should correct all connection problem, that occurs in bridge mode. See the new sessionManagement configuration parameter.
  * [Minor] More debug info, when applet can't upload files, to analyze what happens in Coppermine.
  * [Major] The plugin is now partially compatible with Stramm's ModPack. Partially, as jupload can not managed all kind of album sharing (share with a friend...). Only standard Coppermine stuff.

Fixes:
  * [Minor] The annoying bug, when pictures colors would becoming 'strange' with some camera manufacturer (eg. Canon EOS) seems to be solved. Please confirm it..

Translation
  * Partial Persian added (only PHP part), thanks to Sami
  * Brazilian Portugese translation updated, thanks to Rafael Fontes
  * Hebrew translation added

To do, before official release (see dke mail):
  * Check behaviour with file containing non ASCII characters (French or German accents, for instance). Works better than before (applet would not even resize/rotate them). Now, there seems to be problems within PHP, but it may be my Coppermine configuration as standard upload doesn't work better.
   => Please confirm if it works for you or not with filename like this one: éùàè.jpg

Etienne

Nice , will try this out this weekend, thank you Etienne.

I'll be back with feedback
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.