Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload applet (JUpload) : the easiest upload !  (Read 684858 times)

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: Upload applet (JUpload) : the easiest upload !
« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2007, 10:24:29 am »

For the most part, this plugin is working like a breeze for me.  There's only one odd thing that happens.  If I upload an MP3 (or presumably any other media file that doesn't have video/picture data), the mediaplayer pops up as if there is some picture data, and then closes down to just the shuttle controls.  This is not really that big of a deal, but it does change the formatting of the page by leaving empty real estate (it basically goes from large to small, but the space it one occupied is now just occupied by an outline).  I have yet to find any info about this in a search.  This does not happen when I use the standard coppermine upload.  So, I was wondering if there is something in the code I can tweak to fix it?

Honnestly, I didn't try it. One of my plan, is a way to hear MP3 through the applet, before upload. But I switched to other tasks.

I'll try MP3 upload.

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2007, 10:25:52 am »

This WAS working great for me, now I get permission errors but I haven't changed anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it to no avail. Any ideas?

You don't give much info.

Can you switch debug on (see the plugin doc), and attach the debug output to the thread ?

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2007, 10:30:04 am »

Any new updates before the new year?  ;D

FYI, here is the current dev state:

1) Add of parameter (title, desc...) for all pictures of the same upload: done.
2) Proper encoding through the whole applet (parameters of point 1 and filename): done.
  (was an important rewritting of internal applet code)
3) Add of your quota stat bar: done
4) I'm fighting against an annoying bug: internal java code seems to dislike filename with non-ASCII characters, when running within the navigator (works ok when testing executing in stand alone). I'm trying to find a workaround.

Etienne

AWJunkies

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2007, 05:24:30 pm »

awesome glad to hear. I hope you edited my code for the bar because that was an old mod to transfer the person to an upgrade.php file to let them upgrade there status on the site through subscriptions. It is not needed with this mod so please look at that and remove the $variable in the last 80% and higher. And in url line code right below that.

Also any ideas to add per usergroup selectable permissions for using jupload? I have complete code ready for you. Want me to post it? It is also already posted in the batch upload 1.4 thread in mods.

Thanks for the update and hope it we can figure out the issue with bridging I am having as well.

Here is the link to the code:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=27138.0
I couldn't edit the thread because it is locked but you can see and separate the code for JUPLAD portion to add the permission to select per usergroup separate from can upload. Allows for upgradeable service to allow JUPLOAD.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 05:30:48 pm by AWJunkies »

natrlhy

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #364 on: December 21, 2007, 12:43:31 am »

I just installed this plugin and it worked great! Thank you for this excellent plugin and contribution!

I have 1 question right now...

When does this message (appears at the top of my site) go away?

Migrating the JUpload configuration: the plugins/jupload//user/config.inc.php is not more used. Data is now stored in the Coppermine database.
This messsage (and migration) will occur only once.

natrlhy

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2007, 03:07:37 am »

I'm also getting a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error after updating to 5.0 update 12 of J2SE with an abnormal program termination error. It then closes iexplorer.exe and I can't get into the upload page with IE. Firefox seems OK however.

UPDATE:

I just updated my wife's system from Java 5.0 to 6.0 update 3 and it seems to have fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:14:15 am by natrlhy »

AWJunkies

• Contributor
« Reply #366 on: December 22, 2007, 07:22:29 am »

I'm also getting a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error after updating to 5.0 update 12 of J2SE with an abnormal program termination error. It then closes iexplorer.exe and I can't get into the upload page with IE. Firefox seems OK however.

UPDATE:

I just updated my wife's system from Java 5.0 to 6.0 update 3 and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Was just about to say had same issue this software needs latest and greatest java to work and he needs to update the requirments accordingly. Java 5.0 will not work for this mod tested on 4 browsers 3 OS's and Mac. All with variable results.

skidpics

« Reply #367 on: December 22, 2007, 03:59:08 pm »

Last issue, the applet size will not change on my screen even when I change the config options to height 300 and width 450..  the applet stays the same size...

I'll check that

Any luck yet or do you think it is my system specific?

AWJunkies

• Contributor
« Reply #368 on: December 22, 2007, 07:00:03 pm »

I will test this and get back to you in few hours. Any luck with my issues I am having?

skidpics

album dropdown spinning in IE
« Reply #369 on: December 23, 2007, 06:56:51 am »

I thought I had this issue resolved via a reply from an earlier thread, but not it appears the album category dropdown icon is spinning now only in IE7, NOT firefox.  Any help would be appreciated..

http://skidpics.com

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #370 on: December 26, 2007, 07:03:52 pm »

I just installed this plugin and it worked great! Thank you for this excellent plugin and contribution!

I have 1 question right now...

When does this message (appears at the top of my site) go away?

Migrating the JUpload configuration: the plugins/jupload//user/config.inc.php is not more used. Data is now stored in the Coppermine database.
This messsage (and migration) will occur only once.

AFAIR, this message is due to a migration from the old parameter storing to the new one. It should be displayed only once. The old user.inc.php file is removed, and the plugin parameters are now stored in the database.

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #371 on: December 26, 2007, 07:05:34 pm »

applet sizing through configuration parameters: works for me.

Perhaps you updated the PHP code, like I suggested in an old post (before these config parameters exist)

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: album dropdown spinning in IE
« Reply #372 on: December 26, 2007, 07:06:32 pm »

I thought I had this issue resolved via a reply from an earlier thread, but not it appears the album category dropdown icon is spinning now only in IE7, NOT firefox.  Any help would be appreciated..

http://skidpics.com

Too many messages ... 

Can you repeat the exact problem(s) you have ?

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #373 on: December 26, 2007, 07:15:06 pm »

awesome glad to hear. I hope you edited my code for the bar because that was an old mod to transfer the person to an upgrade.php file to let them upgrade there status on the site through subscriptions. It is not needed with this mod so please look at that and remove the $variable in the last 80% and higher. And in url line code right below that.

I've seen link to this update.php, and wanted to check that ... 
I'll remove the link.

Also any ideas to add per usergroup selectable permissions for using jupload? I have complete code ready for you. Want me to post it? It is also already posted in the batch upload 1.4 thread in mods.

Thanks for the update and hope it we can figure out the issue with bridging I am having as well.

Here is the link to the code:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=27138.0
I couldn't edit the thread because it is locked but you can see and separate the code for JUPLAD portion to add the permission to select per usergroup separate from can upload. Allows for upgradeable service to allow JUPLOAD.

I'll take a look at it. Probably not in the next version, but in the one after.

Etienne

skidpics

« Reply #374 on: December 26, 2007, 09:51:27 pm »

applet sizing through configuration parameters: works for me.

Perhaps you updated the PHP code, like I suggested in an old post (before these config parameters exist)

Etienne

The resize in the config is not working for me.  I have  a fresh install of coppermine, and I did not tweak the plugin. 

I will attached a screen shot of the issue.

current setting size is:  height 300 and width 400

it does not appear to change with any different settings. 

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #375 on: December 26, 2007, 10:51:52 pm »

The resize in the config is not working for me.  I have  a fresh install of coppermine, and I did not tweak the plugin. 

I will attached a screen shot of the issue.

current setting size is:  height 300 and width 400

it does not appear to change with any different settings. 

Your screenshot doesn't show the default width. It means for me that the config parameter works Ok. If it's not the size you are requesting, there is something else, I guess.

1) Can you check the files you have in the coppermine/plugins/jupload/user/ directory ?
2) Can you give me the HTML source for the page containing the applet ?

Etienne

skidpics

« Reply #376 on: December 26, 2007, 11:00:26 pm »

1) Can you check the files you have in the coppermine/plugins/jupload/user/ directory ?
2) Can you give me the HTML source for the page containing the applet ?

Etienne

I have 2 files in there index.html, 0 bytes and readme.txt - I did read this file just now and it states to put "user.inc.php" into this directory - would that make any difference?

Source? I just applied it as a plugin - which file do you need to see? codebase.php?

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #377 on: December 26, 2007, 11:03:32 pm »

I have 2 files in there index.html, 0 bytes and readme.txt - I did read this file just now and it states to put "user.inc.php" into this directory - would that make any difference?

Source? I just applied it as a plugin - which file do you need to see? codebase.php?

Check 1, Ok. You don't have old files in this direcrory.
Check 2 : Just copy the HTML content from your navigator, with right click on the page. You can check yourself wichi value is in the width and height parameter of the last APPLET tag (named JUpload, not emptyApplet)

Etienne
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:09:06 pm by etienne_sf »

skidpics

« Reply #378 on: December 26, 2007, 11:11:14 pm »

Check 2 : Just copy the HTML content from your navigator, with right click on the page. You can check yourself wichi value is in the width and height parameter of the last APPLET tag (named JUpload, not emptyApplet)

Etienne

The source is too long to post.  attached to message.  Thanks for helping me with this..

skidpics

« Reply #379 on: December 26, 2007, 11:14:23 pm »

Etienne

here it is listed in the source:

<APPLET CODE="wjhk.jupload2.JUploadApplet" ARCHIVE="plugins/jupload/wjhk.jupload.jar" WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="300" NAME="JUpload"

MAYSCRIPT=true>
   <PARAM NAME = "albumId" VALUE="

Maybe I just need to make it smaller?  I am running 1024x768 screen size.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.