Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload applet (JUpload) : the easiest upload !  (Read 685088 times)

erostew

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Upload applet (JUpload)
« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2007, 07:56:14 am »

Can the JUploaded pictures be reduced in size on the editpics page?
My editpics page images are 600 px in width - way too big.
Can these images be the size of my thumbnails?

Nothing in JUpload controls the size of the pics on the editpics page as far as I can tell. The editpics page used by JUpload uses the same coppermins settings as the normal editpics.php. So having a large size there has zero to do with JUpload. There aren't even any settings in the JUpload config to control the size of thumbnails. there isn't any reason for them.

Check your settings in the coppermine config. There are TWO places with settings for thumbnails. The first is in "Album list view" and the second is in "Files and thumbnails settings". The one in Album list view is a kind of "virtual" setting. No matter what the actual size of the physical thumbnail is, that setting is used when the thumbnail is displayed in most places. The Files and thumbnails setting is the one that is actually used when the thumbs are generated. The editpics page shows the ACTUAL thumbnail, not the virtual one.

So you probably have 600 set for the thumbs setting in the Files and settings area of the config page. Maybe you put the setting for intermediate pics in the thumbnails box. Check it out and I'm 90% sure that you will find I'm correct.

Regards

eka

« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2007, 08:35:44 am »

Thanks erostew.

But I'm still confused.  ???

In my album list view, the Size of thumbnails in pixels is set at 50 px.

In my files and thumbnail settings, my maximum dimension of thumbnail is set at 220 px and the Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video  is 600 px.

Since my editpics page displays the picture at 600px width, it seems therefore the picture displayed is actually the intermediate picture and not the thumbnail.

Am I correct ? or is this way coppermine is configured? 

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #262 on: November 06, 2007, 10:31:06 am »

In my files and thumbnail settings, my maximum dimension of thumbnail is set at 220 px and the Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video  is 600 px.

Since my editpics page displays the picture at 600px width, it seems therefore the picture displayed is actually the intermediate picture and not the thumbnail.

Like erostew said, JUpload doesn't contain any configuration parameter for thumb size: it uses extract from standard code.

But several users complain that thumb are not displayed correctly, after an upload from JUpload. I can't repeat it... so I can't correct it.

Can I really upload pictures to your web site, to test that ?  (I'll try to upload not to strange pictures  ;) )

Etienne

niwde

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #263 on: November 06, 2007, 01:50:59 pm »

Hi Etienne,

I'm experiencing error when using Jupload on coppermine. The normal upload (one file at a time work well)

Keeps getting the error. "The previous file could not be placed.3" "No file were uploaded"

I've created a test account as follows:

My website is http://elitefc.free-web-hosting.biz/coppermine/
Test User details:
Username: test
Password: test

Please help. I've tried everything.

erostew

« Reply #264 on: November 06, 2007, 09:27:12 pm »

Thanks erostew.

But I'm still confused.  ???

Am I correct ? or is this way coppermine is configured?

You defintely seem to have some kind of config issue happening. Do you have any mods or plugins installed that might cause some kind of conflict? If so try disabling to see if it helps.

Do you have the latest CPG (1.4.13) installed? The latest JUpload?

Maybe run update.php from the admin tools and then "check file versions" to make sure your database and files are up to date.

That's about it for my ideas.  ???

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #265 on: November 07, 2007, 07:11:10 pm »

I'm experiencing error when using Jupload on coppermine. The normal upload (one file at a time work well)

Keeps getting the error. "The previous file could not be placed.3" "No file were uploaded"

???

1) What do you call 'standard upload': this page doesn't seem to be the standard upload form, as you can select the album on the first 'standard upload' page.
2) From a short code analysis, the error seems to occurs because the INSERT below didn't work into the database. Did you change anything there ?

INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} (aid, filepath, filename, filesize, total_filesize, pwidth, pheight, ctime, owner_id, owner_name, title, caption, keywords, approved, user1, user2, user3, user4, pic_raw_ip, pic_hdr_ip, position) VALUES ('{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['aid']}', '" . addslashes($CURRENT_PIC_DATA['filepath']) . "', '" . addslashes($CURRENT_PIC_DATA['filename']) . "', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['filesize']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['total_filesize']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pwidth']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pheight']}', '" . time() . "', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['owner_id']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['owner_name']}','{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['title']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['caption']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['keywords']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['approved']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user1']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user2']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user3']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user4']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pic_raw_ip']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pic_hdr_ip']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['position']}'

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
JUpload for Coppermine release 2.6.4
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2007, 03:33:34 pm »

Hi,

Here is the release note for the 2.6.4 new JUpload version

You can access to this release by direct download from this link:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43432.0;attach=9032

or from my wiki:
http://etienne.lesgauthier.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=jupload_coppermine_download_gb

Change note:
Fixes:
- [Major] The applet is now (again) compiled for JRE 1.5 (compatible with 1.6, wich is the current last version).
- [Major] When manually deploying the applet by FTP, there may be problems with carriage return, which would
prevent the upload to work properly.
- [Minor] Non ASCII characters (accents) are now correctly displayed in error messages, due to upload.
- [Minor] Removal of the extra number (debug info) was display in the category list, after 2.6.3.
- [Minor] The whole applet is now a target where you can drop files to.
- [Minor] When an error occurs, the error message was displayed three times (including useless technical info)

erostew

« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2007, 07:01:16 pm »

Just tried out the new version and seems to be working just great with my previous settings. No problems to upload 216 photos. Didn't try changing false/true for metadata again yet.

I see in the ToDo of the release notes that you put studying to make the app compatible with Stramm's ModPack. Just to let you know, I recently checked out CPG 1.5 from the SVN repository and it appears that most (all?) of the modifications in that pack have been integrated into the core. So integration with the ModPack would give you a big jump on compatibility with CPG 1.5.

I tried to test a few things with the current 1.5 but couldn't get it to work. It installed okay for me, but would generate a lot of errors when attempting to write to the database, so it wasn't possible to install any plugins, change any configuration, add albums, etc. When I tried adding albums, pics etc. directly to the database it showed the additions correctly, so it was reading ok, just couldn't write. You might have better luck with that if you want to try testing JUpload against CPG 1.5.

Regards, and of course thanks for all your fine work to date!

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2007, 04:15:09 pm »

I see in the ToDo of the release notes that you put studying to make the app compatible with Stramm's ModPack. Just to let you know, I recently checked out CPG 1.5 from the SVN repository and it appears that most (all?) of the modifications in that pack have been integrated into the core. So integration with the ModPack would give you a big jump on compatibility with CPG 1.5.

I tried to test a few things with the current 1.5 but couldn't get it to work. It installed okay for me, but would generate a lot of errors when attempting to write to the database, so it wasn't possible to install any plugins, change any configuration, add albums, etc. When I tried adding albums, pics etc. directly to the database it showed the additions correctly, so it was reading ok, just couldn't write. You might have better luck with that if you want to try testing JUpload against CPG 1.5.

I'll try 1.5, one day or another, and check compatibility with it ...

;-)

Etienne

evilmaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #269 on: November 12, 2007, 09:37:16 am »

I'm having some problems and cannot get JUpload to work.

Code: [Select]
09:35:54.765 [INFO] Debug level set to 0
09:35:54.781 [INFO] Current debug output file: C:\DOCUME~1\EVILMA~1\LOKALA~1\Temp\jupload_7296_log.txt
09:35:54.781 [WARN] Invalid int value: true, using default value: 0
09:35:54.937 [INFO] JUpload plugin for coppermine version 2.6.4
09:36:06.750 [INFO] Debug level set to 1
09:36:06.750 [INFO] Current debug output file: C:\DOCUME~1\EVILMA~1\LOKALA~1\Temp\jupload_7296_log.txt
09:36:09.203 [ERROR] wjhk.jupload2.exception.JUploadExceptionUploadFailed: The previous file could not be placed.3 (The previous file could not be placed.3)
09:36:09.203 wjhk.jupload2.exception.JUploadExceptionUploadFailed: The previous file could not be placed.3
09:36:09.203 at wjhk.jupload2.policies.DefaultUploadPolicy.checkUploadSuccess(DefaultUploadPolicy.java:583)
09:36:09.203 at wjhk.jupload2.upload.DefaultFileUploadThread.doUpload(DefaultFileUploadThread.java:731)
09:36:09.203 at wjhk.jupload2.upload.DefaultFileUploadThread.run(DefaultFileUploadThread.java:486)
09:36:10.593 [WARN] CoppermineUploadPolicy.afterUpload: No file were uploaded! (0)

I have the CPGMark plugin installed, could it be this that is causing the problem?

Edit: I tried to disable the CPGMark plugin and i still get the same error. I'm using the latest Coppermine version (1.4.14)

erostew

« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2007, 07:32:01 pm »

09:35:54.781 [INFO] Current debug output file: C:\DOCUME~1\EVILMA~1\LOKALA~1\Temp\jupload_7296_log.txt
09:35:54.781 [WARN] Invalid int value: true, using default value: 0
09:35:54.937 [INFO] JUpload plugin for coppermine version 2.6.4
09:36:06.750 [INFO] Debug level set to 1
09:36:06.750 [INFO] Current debug output file: C:\DOCUME~1\EVILMA~1\LOKALA~1\Temp\jupload_7296_log.txt

Can you attach the log file C:\DOCUME~1\EVILMA~1\LOKALA~1\Temp\jupload_7296_log.txt ?

It might give some more information. At first glance it looks like something in coppermine config is saying it can't upload what you want. Might be filesize too big or pic dimensions too big. If the pic needs resizing make sure you set that in the JUpload config so that it resizes before upload. That will make sure the filesize is smaller also.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2007, 10:18:15 pm »

I'm having some problems and cannot get JUpload to work.

I have the CPGMark plugin installed, could it be this that is causing the problem?

Edit: I tried to disable the CPGMark plugin and i still get the same error. I'm using the latest Coppermine version (1.4.14)

In addition to erostew response: I'll try the CPGMark plugin. But it will probably occur next week only.

Etienne

erostew

« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2007, 12:24:46 am »

I had CPGmark installed at the same time as JUpload before and didn't seem to cause a problem. But that plugin has never been given a final release and the original developer disappeared so I had some probs with the actual CPGmark plugin and ended up removing it.

Shouldn't cause any problems for JUpload but you never know.

niwde

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2007, 06:49:18 am »

???

1) What do you call 'standard upload': this page doesn't seem to be the standard upload form, as you can select the album on the first 'standard upload' page.
2) From a short code analysis, the error seems to occurs because the INSERT below didn't work into the database. Did you change anything there ?

INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} (aid, filepath, filename, filesize, total_filesize, pwidth, pheight, ctime, owner_id, owner_name, title, caption, keywords, approved, user1, user2, user3, user4, pic_raw_ip, pic_hdr_ip, position) VALUES ('{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['aid']}', '" . addslashes($CURRENT_PIC_DATA['filepath']) . "', '" . addslashes($CURRENT_PIC_DATA['filename']) . "', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['filesize']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['total_filesize']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pwidth']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pheight']}', '" . time() . "', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['owner_id']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['owner_name']}','{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['title']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['caption']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['keywords']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['approved']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user1']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user2']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user3']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['user4']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pic_raw_ip']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pic_hdr_ip']}', '{$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['position']}'

Etienne

1) The standard upload is the Coppermine default upload page.
2) Did not changed anything with Jupload or Coppermine. Wish I had the knowledge through.
3) I've upgraded to the new version of Jupload but the problem still exist.

Thanks.

evilmaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2007, 07:12:52 am »

Can you attach the log file C:\DOCUME~1\EVILMA~1\LOKALA~1\Temp\jupload_7296_log.txt ?

It might give some more information. At first glance it looks like something in coppermine config is saying it can't upload what you want. Might be filesize too big or pic dimensions too big. If the pic needs resizing make sure you set that in the JUpload config so that it resizes before upload. That will make sure the filesize is smaller also.

Couldn't find jupload_7296_log.txt, but I had a bunch of other numbered files and they all contained this message:

08:50:24.093 [DEBUG] Within PicturePanel.finalize()

What does it all mean?
It doesn't seem to be because of the dimension or filesize, I tried to upload really small files too. :\

erostew

« Reply #275 on: November 13, 2007, 09:25:42 am »

Couldn't find jupload_7296_log.txt, but I had a bunch of other numbered files and they all contained this message:

08:50:24.093 [DEBUG] Within PicturePanel.finalize()

What does it all mean?
It doesn't seem to be because of the dimension or filesize, I tried to upload really small files too. :\
That's just a normal message as the applet goes about it's business I think. The applet creates a log every time you upload or try to upload. You can try attaching any one that you find in your temp folder if you want. They should all have similar error messages if you haven't managed a successful upload.

One more thing: check that your coppermine albums folder and all folders inside it are chmodded correctly. In most cases that would be 777 to allow writing but some servers need 755. Specifically check the editpics folder. That's where JUpload stores the uploaded files.

Also check that the normal coppermine upload is working correctly.

erostew

« Reply #276 on: November 13, 2007, 09:51:35 am »

1) The standard upload is the Coppermine default upload page.
2) Did not changed anything with Jupload or Coppermine. Wish I had the knowledge through.
3) I've upgraded to the new version of Jupload but the problem still exist.

Thanks.

1.) Since you should upgrade to CPG 1.4.14 anyway for a security bugfix: Try deleting all your files except for includes/config.inc.php and your albums folder. Also leave any themes or custom graphics, etc. you might use that are not part of the Then upload the files from the latest CPG 1.4.14 . I've noticed occasionally on my own server that overwriting doesn't always seem to work when you upload. Then run update.php and check your file versions again.

2.) You can try disabling all other plugins to see if there is a conflict.

3.) Try using a different theme.

4.) I notice that your webhost adds "Hosting is powered by Free Web Hosting" at the bottom of your page. It also adds the closing body and html tags after that. So there are 2 sets of closing tags. That shouldn't affect anything, but you never know. Maybe you can go into your themes/**your_theme**/template.html file and try deleting
Code: [Select]
</body>
</html>
since your host adds it anyway. That might make some difference but it's kind of doubtful.

Those are the only ideas I have. Good luck.

Regards

evilmaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #277 on: November 13, 2007, 10:19:03 am »

That's just a normal message as the applet goes about it's business I think. The applet creates a log every time you upload or try to upload. You can try attaching any one that you find in your temp folder if you want. They should all have similar error messages if you haven't managed a successful upload.

One more thing: check that your coppermine albums folder and all folders inside it are chmodded correctly. In most cases that would be 777 to allow writing but some servers need 755. Specifically check the editpics folder. That's where JUpload stores the uploaded files.

Also check that the normal coppermine upload is working correctly.

My albums folder is chmodded to 777 and the normal upload works as it should, JUpload still doesn't work however.  :-\

erostew

« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2007, 06:25:15 pm »

My albums folder is chmodded to 777 and the normal upload works as it should, JUpload still doesn't work however.  :-\

Since you don't provide a log or a url/test account it isn't really possible to help you anymore. Good luck.

evilmaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2007, 07:13:07 am »

Since you don't provide a log or a url/test account it isn't really possible to help you anymore. Good luck.

I think that I misunderstood what you said earlier, but I have sent you a PM with the login details now.
Thank you for all your help, it's really appreciated!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.