Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload applet (JUpload) : the easiest upload !  (Read 684954 times)

russell235

• Coppermine novice
Re: Upload applet (JUpload)
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2007, 08:34:23 pm »

thanks a lot for the quick update.  for some reason i have to select another category first and then the personal gallery or it doesn't load the albums.  but I can live with that, so I'm not complaining.  :)

I'm not sure why phill104 can't upload large images.  I can upload 7 megabyte images with no trouble. 

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2007, 10:32:05 am »

thanks a lot for the quick update.  for some reason i have to select another category first and then the personal gallery or it doesn't load the albums.  but I can live with that, so I'm not complaining.  :)

Hum, hum,

It seems I forgot one test. Will be Ok in the next release.

I'm not sure why phill104 can't upload large images.  I can upload 7 megabyte images with no trouble. 

Yes, there is probably no link with picture size. But it can be a problem of :
- Java version (pictures are resized by the applet),
- Picture encoding, I need the picture that has a problem to try with it,

phil104,

You can also prevent the applet to resize picture, by putting big enough maxPicWidth, maxPicHeight, and realMaxPicWidth, realMaxPicHeight.

Etienne

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2007, 12:01:21 pm »

Just incase you missed it here is the details and link to an image.

I've tested uploading images from both my home pc and my laptop. Both are using WinXP  and I installed Java on both last night so it's the latest release Version 6 update 3.

Here is a direct link to an original image I have left on my server

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/Stuff/IMG_7871.JPG

I think this applet is a brilliant idea. I like to keep all the images on my gallery 1024 so need them to be resized. Many users upload to the gallery so I couldn't force them to use specific versions or to resize their images first. It must be the Java that is corrupting the images (taken on a Canon EOS 30D which I know saves files slightly differently to Nikon and Pentax etc) as GD does not corrupt the same image. I just hope it's something that can be fixed.

If I prevented the appet resizing them I would end up with some very large images on my server, something I'm keen to avoid.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2007, 02:13:18 pm »

Just incase you missed it here is the details and link to an image.

I've tested uploading images from both my home pc and my laptop. Both are using WinXP  and I installed Java on both last night so it's the latest release Version 6 update 3.

Here is a direct link to an original image I have left on my server

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/Stuff/IMG_7871.JPG

Ok, I missed it ...   :P

I use the same Java version, and I repeated the problem on my computer. I'll work on it.

FYI: I have an EOS 20D, and have no problem. Did you change the color space on your canon?  From the EXIF info, apparently not, but I'm looking for info...  Any other specific configuration ?

I think this applet is a brilliant idea. I like to keep all the images on my gallery 1024 so need them to be resized. Many users upload to the gallery so I couldn't force them to use specific versions or to resize their images first. It must be the Java that is corrupting the images (taken on a Canon EOS 30D which I know saves files slightly differently to Nikon and Pentax etc) as GD does not corrupt the same image. I just hope it's something that can be fixed.

If I prevented the appet resizing them I would end up with some very large images on my server, something I'm keen to avoid.

The question is not to resize or not: the question is who resizes: the applet or GD, once the applet uploaded the files. If you put big value for picture size, in the applet parameters, then the applet won't resize the picture. Thus, the standard upload code occurs, on coppermine, and GD (or GD2 or ImageMagick) resizes your pictures.
Take care that, if you rotate your pictures, the applet will create new pictures ... and probably generate the color trouble.

Etienne

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2007, 08:17:04 pm »

I've not changed colour space. What I have discovered is that it happens with any shot taken in portrait mode but landscape shots work ok. Wierd.

dke

« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2007, 01:19:36 pm »

Loving the plugin! Much thanks.

I have a question however. Is it possible to hide the categories that users does not have access to? It seems strange that they can see them but still not do anything with them, would clearly be nicer and less confusing if they only saw the categories they had access to.

Thanks again!

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2007, 04:06:22 pm »

I've not changed colour space. What I have discovered is that it happens with any shot taken in portrait mode but landscape shots work ok. Wierd.

Hi,

Thanks for these info. I look for the reason: the picture is correctly resized, but the written file is wrong. The problem may be with the metadata. You info goes in this direction...
  I'll try to remove the IPC/EXIF info from the uploaded file.

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2007, 05:01:09 pm »

Loving the plugin! Much thanks.

I have a question however. Is it possible to hide the categories that users does not have access to? It seems strange that they can see them but still not do anything with them, would clearly be nicer and less confusing if they only saw the categories they had access to.

Thanks again!

Hum, hum,

Not that easy. I'll have a look it.

A question:
- If the user may not upload to a category
- But he may upload to sub category,

Should I present the category. My opinion is: yes

What's yours ?

Etienne

dke

« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2007, 02:45:55 pm »

Hum, hum,

Not that easy. I'll have a look it.

A question:
- If the user may not upload to a category
- But he may upload to sub category,

Should I present the category. My opinion is: yes

What's yours ?

Etienne

Yes, i do believe so.

If you get the time it would be a nice feature. I've currently slightly modified the jupload to suit my needs, i only have 1 category users upload to so i made jupload automaticly pick this category by default, and then i removed the button from the page.

This works in my case pretty good, but if someone with admin rights who has access to add to all categories tries to add to a different category it will not work.

Thanks again for this wonderful plugin!

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2007, 05:29:04 pm »

Hi,

I confirm that the problem is within metadata. If I don't transmit them, there is no more color problem.

Can you send me a picture 'that works' ?  (landscape mode ?)

FYI, I'll do these steps:
- add a parameter, so that you can prevent the metadata to be transmitted. Not that easy. First part terminated (when I resize pictures). Second part: analysis is a task in progress...
- Log an error to sun, si that they correct their code.

Etienne

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2007, 09:46:42 pm »

Thanks for all the help. It must be a challenge to keep up when a third party keeps changing their code.

Here is an image that works.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/Stuff/IMG_7881.JPG

saitanay

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2007, 12:22:23 am »

i get this error on clicking the "i" button

Code: [Select]
faultCode0faultStringFatal error:require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'plugins/jupload/include/jupload.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/tmp/') in /home/vol1/byethost13.com/b13_1129797/dynamite.byethost13.com/htdocs/cgal/plugins/jupload/codebase.php on line 51
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:24:00 am by Hein »

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2007, 09:56:12 am »

i get this error on clicking the "i" button

Code: [Select]
faultCode0faultStringFatal error:require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'plugins/jupload/include/jupload.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/tmp/') in /home/vol1/byethost13.com/b13_1129797/dynamite.byethost13.com/htdocs/cgal/plugins/jupload/codebase.php on line 51

It seems that the plugin is not correctly installed.

The file below is lacking. Can you check this, by FTP for instance ?
plugins/jupload/include/jupload.inc.php

Etienne

saitanay

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54:22 pm »

i get that error on clicking the "i" button to install the plugin.. i screwed my coppermine installation twice trying to install this plugin..

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2007, 10:11:20 pm »

i get that error on clicking the "i" button to install the plugin.. i screwed my coppermine installation twice trying to install this plugin..

If you wan help, please answer my question in my previous answer, which is the first check to do :

It seems that the plugin is not correctly installed.

The file below is lacking. Can you check this, by FTP for instance ?
plugins/jupload/include/jupload.inc.php

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
JUpload Release 2.6.3
« Reply #235 on: October 26, 2007, 08:20:33 pm »

Hi,

I just released the 2.6.3 version of Jupload.

You can get it here : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43432.0;attach=8855

Or on my wiki: http://etienne.lesgauthier.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=jupload_coppermine_download_gb

Changes:
- [Minor] The non-admin user now view only category containing albums where he may upload files (whether the album
is in this category or one of its sub-categories).

Fixes:
- [Minor] Corrected direct access of the admin to the upload page, when he has a personal album: the category is
now correct.
- [Minor] Add of the pictureTransmitMetadata parameter. A way to avoid problems, when transmitting pictures shooted
from a Canon EOS 30D, in portrait mode (!!!).

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2007, 09:42:11 pm »

Brilliant job on the categories thing, works a treat ;D

I'm still getting purple and green images though. I'l have a fiddle later.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:14:57 pm by phill104 »

erostew

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2007, 02:15:24 am »

I can confirm that the strange colours also happen with images shot with the Canon 10D and 20D in portrait mode. Turning off the meta data works just fine and after that portrait images are normal.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2007, 10:35:33 am »

Brilliant job on the categories thing, works a treat ;D

I'm still getting purple and green images though. I'l have a fiddle later.

Did you try to use the new pictureTransmitMetadata config parameter ?

It should do the trick ..

As the problem seems more general, I'll change the applet behviour, when in Coppermine: if the gallery doesn't use EXIF or IPTC data, I won't transmit them anymore. Will solve most of the problems.

Etienne

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2007, 11:10:25 am »

Insert big clapping emoticone here.

I have tried uploading with various canons and yes, with that set to true the purple stuff goes on but setting to false cures it.

I've tried with files from Pentax and Nikon and it doesn't seem to cause a problem either way. Must be to do with Canon's metadata.

It would be nice if SUN could get their applet working properly to take this into account.

Well done.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.