Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload applet (JUpload) : the easiest upload !  (Read 684932 times)

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Upload applet (JUpload)
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2007, 11:07:43 am »

Also, how can I upgrade to a new JUpload? Do I just delete the other one and upload a new jupload?
uninstall the old one and install the new version.  :)
Regards,
Farnsi

eka

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2007, 04:08:59 pm »

Hi etienne_sf,

Thank you for your response.

Regarding the problem I highlighted - I need to scroll horizontally to the right to see the whole picture in my editpics page.  I created a test account and also an album and had wanted to show you - but then everything seemed all right when I got to the edit pics page for this album.

The problem, however, remained with the earlier albums - I still need to scroll to the right to see the whole picture in the editpics page.

Just wondering, do the length of the title or the description in an album have anything to do with the problem?  I have  long titles / descriptions for these albums.  If not, what could be the cause of it?

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2007, 05:23:18 pm »

uninstall the old one and install the new version.  :)

Oups,  with this old version, you should not uninstall the plugin: before 2.6.0, the JUpload configuration is stored in a file. If you uninstall it, you'll lose it.

There is not problem to install a new JUpload version over an old one.

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2007, 05:24:36 pm »

Hi etienne_sf,

Thank you for your response.

Regarding the problem I highlighted - I need to scroll horizontally to the right to see the whole picture in my editpics page.  I created a test account and also an album and had wanted to show you - but then everything seemed all right when I got to the edit pics page for this album.

The problem, however, remained with the earlier albums - I still need to scroll to the right to see the whole picture in the editpics page.

Just wondering, do the length of the title or the description in an album have anything to do with the problem?  I have  long titles / descriptions for these albums.  If not, what could be the cause of it?

I don't know. Can you send me a screenshot ?

By PM for instance.

Etienne

eka

« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2007, 05:03:23 pm »

Hi again,

Pse see attached screen shot of the editpics page of my problem albums.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2007, 09:34:39 pm »

Hi again,

Pse see attached screen shot of the editpics page of my problem albums.

Hi,

Your 'thumbnail' pictures seems to be quite big.

When you navigate to the album, and select the 'update picture' links, the display should be the same as after the upload by Jupload.

Is it the case ?

Etienne

eka

« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2007, 07:58:58 am »

Hi,

Imediately after I Jupload, the pictures were Ok (I need not scroll to see the fullpicture).
But after editing (filling in title and description) and clicking "update" I ran into the problem - I need to scroll right to see the rest of the picture. But If I do not edit, then it seems OK.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2007, 01:54:24 pm »

Hi,

Imediately after I Jupload, the pictures were Ok (I need not scroll to see the fullpicture).
But after editing (filling in title and description) and clicking "update" I ran into the problem - I need to scroll right to see the rest of the picture. But If I do not edit, then it seems OK.

Question: did you try updating picture data, from the standard page ?
When you navigate to the album, and select the 'update picture' links, the display should be the same as after the upload by Jupload.

It's exactly the same code, and it should behave the same.

Also, which version do you use:
- OS
- Navigator
- JUpload
- Coppermine.

Etienne

eka

« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2007, 05:20:27 pm »

Hi etienne_sf

Thank you for your patience.
I just created an album and Jupload again - the same problem occurred again on the editpics page.
Since you said the codes were the same, I proceeded to check some other of my albums that contained photos uploaded the coppermine way. 
Guess what - I got the same problem in the editpics page. 
I reckon this suggests that problem is not with Jupload.
I'm not sure but it could have something to do with the coppermine codes for that editpics page.

Thanks again etienne_sf  -  Jupload, as it is, is really a wonderful time saver.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #209 on: October 05, 2007, 03:42:10 pm »

Hi etienne_sf

Thank you for your patience.
I just created an album and Jupload again - the same problem occurred again on the editpics page.
Since you said the codes were the same, I proceeded to check some other of my albums that contained photos uploaded the coppermine way. 
Guess what - I got the same problem in the editpics page. 
I reckon this suggests that problem is not with Jupload.
I'm not sure but it could have something to do with the coppermine codes for that editpics page.

Thanks again etienne_sf  -  Jupload, as it is, is really a wonderful time saver.

Thanks ...  ;-)

This being said, it would be nice to identify the bug. Can you send me the HTML (by PM for instance) code of the page, when you see the 'too big' pictures. I'll try to identify the problem.

Etienne

eka

« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2007, 07:04:11 am »

Hi,

here's the html code of the problem page (editpics) attached.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2007, 10:25:30 pm »

here's the html code of the problem page (editpics) attached.

Hi,

Are you the one that sent me editpics by emails ?   It's not the same version: 1.4.12 by mail, and 1.4.8 in the above message.

I searched into the public CVS, but I didn't see the version tag, so I can analyse differences there.

A question though: do the 'faulty' upload need approval ?
I yes, I've perhaps detected some suspect stuff in the code.

Regards
Etienne

viettho

• Coppermine newbie

I installed this cool plug-in with my gallery, but I got this error, even if I already logged in as Administrator:

You don't have permission to perform this operation.
If you're not connected, please login first

My gallery is bridged with SimpleMachine forum. If I unbridged and use Coppermine username/password, it works fine. I guess this have to do with session. Anyone has problem with is? I really don't want to make users to register 2 times, one for the forum and one for the gallery.

I went through 11 pages of this topic, but couldn't find any help. Maybe I'm missing to set some thing in the config. Could anyone please help? Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 04:39:21 am by viettho »

eka

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2007, 11:50:08 am »

Hi etienne_sf,

I did email you the page of editpics but it was the wrong file -  I sent you the php file (v 1.4.12) instead of the html page.

I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with the problem - I had earlier upgraded from 1.4.8 to 1.4.12.

But my question is why is the problem confined to only one user account?  I did a test using another account and Juploaded some files and the problem did not surface.

And yes, I need to login into the account before I can upload files.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2007, 11:52:48 am »

eka , update to 1.4.13 asap

russell235

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2007, 08:58:08 pm »

In my opinion, the JUpload plugin is probably the single most useful plugin for a website with a large number of images.  It also appears your support is superb.  Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm running the latest version (2.6.1), and while logged in as admin, I am unable to use JUpload for my personal album.  It doesn't appear as a category/album to choose from.  I am still able to upload to my personal gallery via the normal upload.  The JUpload works perfectly for registered users who have personal galleries.  It appears to only be a bug for admin with personal galleries.  Admin can still upload to public albums fine.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2007, 10:57:14 pm »

Brilliant plugin.

I have one little problem. If I try to upload big images (3meg ish) all the colours get screwed up. It workd fine with the standard upload process, it's just jupload that is the problem. Small files upload fine.

You can see an example of the problem on the link below.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpgtest/

Yes, I know it's 1.4.10 but it's just a test install on a test server that I can rebuild in a few minutes if there is a problem. I've also experienced the same problem on my main site that has the latest 1.4.13 install and I get the same problem there so I have disabled the plugin until I get it fixed.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2007, 02:48:08 pm »

In my opinion, the JUpload plugin is probably the single most useful plugin for a website with a large number of images.  It also appears your support is superb.  Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm running the latest version (2.6.1), and while logged in as admin, I am unable to use JUpload for my personal album.  It doesn't appear as a category/album to choose from.  I am still able to upload to my personal gallery via the normal upload.  The JUpload works perfectly for registered users who have personal galleries.  It appears to only be a bug for admin with personal galleries.  Admin can still upload to public albums fine.

Thanks for the comment ... and exact for the bug.

Corrected in the 2.6.2 release, available here:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43432.0;attach=8767

And on my web site:
http://etienne.lesgauthier.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=jupload_coppermine_download_gb

Regards
Etienne

etienne_sf

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2007, 02:51:53 pm »

I have one little problem. If I try to upload big images (3meg ish) all the colours get screwed up. It workd fine with the standard upload process, it's just jupload that is the problem. Small files upload fine.

You can see an example of the problem on the link below.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpgtest/

Hum, hum,

Looks like the applet doesn't like your pictures.

Some questions:
- Which java do you use?
- Can you give me one original picture, so that I can repeat the problem on my computer ?

Etienne

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2007, 03:30:43 pm »

Hum, hum,

Looks like the applet doesn't like your pictures.

Some questions:
- Which java do you use?
- Can you give me one original picture, so that I can repeat the problem on my computer ?

Etienne

Thanks for your quick response.

I've tested uploading images from both my home pc and my laptop. Both are using WinXP :-[ and I installed Java on both last night so it's the latest release Version 6 update 3.

Here is a direct link to an original image I have left on my server

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/Stuff/IMG_7871.JPG

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.