Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After webhost PHP version update, CPMFetch causing issues.  (Read 4265 times)

Bors Kaegel

• Coppermine newbie
After webhost PHP version update, CPMFetch causing issues.
« on: April 28, 2007, 05:12:29 am »

I spent all day today tracking down why my Simple Machines Forum was not responding. First, some familiarization with the setup. The website runs with SMF as it's core, with TinyPortal as it's portal modification. I run Coppermine in a bridged form with SMF, and I installed Cpmfetch to export images at random to a frontpage block in Tinyportal called "Image of the Moment".

Got the general setup? Ok. My webhost updated the php version from 4.4.4 to 4.4.6 recently, and when they did my website immediately became a solid white page. So, after wrestling with tech support we found out that the problem was Suhosin, a php element that provides extra security. It was disabled and remains disabled. However, earlier this morning the same thing happened, and after hours of trying to get the index file to respond to commands, I isolated the problem down to the block I added that pulls random images via Cpmfetch.

My question is, what would cause this? Have any errors like this been reported before to you, Vuud?

(Let me know if you need more info, including the site and such.)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: After webhost PHP version update, CPMFetch causing issues.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 06:32:15 am »

My question is, what would cause this? Have any errors like this been reported before to you, Vuud?

(Let me know if you need more info, including the site and such.)

I've got no issues like that on my list except for a silly php.cgi thing... but that's not even close.

I have no idea what to do from there... When I have time and a spare box I can try to get sushin up and running.  PHP is pretty insecure, but its so darned easy to code with.

If you can run cpmfetch in its own PHP file and send me any errors that you can scarf up from sushosin that would be a great help.   Without errors this could be hard.

Sorry to hear you are having problems though...

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.