Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: phpBB 3 olympus and coppermine 1.4.10 bridge integration  (Read 130399 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: phpBB 3 olympus and coppermine 1.4.10 bridge integration
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2008, 07:44:46 am »

Not everyone has got 7-Zip or knows about it. I suggest using "zip" as archive format instead of "7z".

Neustradamus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2008, 10:52:05 am »

*.7z //
7zip is a open source program and this format can be open with a lot of program http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/7z
and it's the best program of 2007 : http://sourceforge.net/community/index.php/landing-pages/cca07/
website project : http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip

fornit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2008, 05:45:59 pm »

You don't have my mod (0.9.2.1) in the 0.9.3 ??

No, I didn't - sorry for that.

The problem was that 7-zip format ;) I'm usually working on my company laptop where 7-zip is not installed. It's a a policy of my company that employees have no admin rights to install windows software (as 7-zip is) on the laptops.

From your comments I assumed that you have made changes to the function session_update, which seemed not to be a good idea to me :)

But I have now looked at your extensions - they are fine, thank you for that.

During the next week (or so) I will make further extensions. Phpbb3 has a persistent login and I want to support that, too. This is a bit tricky because it becomes necessary to create phpBB3 sessions (not only update).

I will write those changes based on the last version you have created.

Kind regards and sorry for my misunderstanding
fornit

Neustradamus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2008, 06:33:09 am »

No, I didn't - sorry for that.

The problem was that 7-zip format ;) I'm usually working on my company laptop where 7-zip is not installed. It's a a policy of my company that employees have no admin rights to install windows software (as 7-zip is) on the laptops.

From your comments I assumed that you have made changes to the function session_update, which seemed not to be a good idea to me :)

But I have now looked at your extensions - they are fine, thank you for that.

During the next week (or so) I will make further extensions. Phpbb3 has a persistent login and I want to support that, too. This is a bit tricky because it becomes necessary to create phpBB3 sessions (not only update).

I will write those changes based on the last version you have created.

Kind regards and sorry for my misunderstanding
fornit

There is no problem with the 0.9.3.1 ( it's based on your version 0.9.3 )
You can compare ...

Neustradamus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2008, 06:36:06 am »

There is no problem with the 0.9.3.1 ( it's based on your version 0.9.3 )
You can compare ...

not function edit on this forum :(

*.7z : it's open with WinRAR, ... look this : http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/7z

Neustradamus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2008, 06:42:26 am »

not function edit on this forum :(

*.7z : it's open with WinRAR, ... look this : http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/7z

I create ZIP file :

archive 0.9.3.1 : http://membres.lycos.fr/neustradamusdc/bridge%20cpg1414-phpbb3%20v0.9.3.1.zip

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2008, 10:27:21 am »

Arguing about 7-Zip and other packagers is pointless and only clutters this thread. The extension "zip" is a standard on the internet. Using anything else is just silly. You can't expect others to download another packer just to get your archive... Please use zip archives in the future and stop arguing about that in this thread! >:(

Bembi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2008, 10:52:20 pm »

Some hints from my site:

Ich checked the last bridging file and tried to compare it with the last published file based on the phpBB 2.x bridge.

First at all, I have to say, that it was very difficult to compare the files and functionality, as some code was not really rewritten, but only reformated or moved. This makes comparison difficult, to unterstand, what has changed and additionally is makes it difficult to test and support this.

Secondary, most of the files are not running on IIS as the file format is not correct. Esp. the language files for german are corrupting an existing  installation of phpBB, some pages are not shown anymore. Just open them in an Editor, if you see unformatted text, IIS will left the pages blank witch are using these files. Copying back the original phpBB files solves this. If they are correctly formatted, like all the other files in phpBB and coppermine, then they also will run on IIS.

The sql_files to update the database are not running as the auth_option_id field is an autoincrement field and you try to insert a blank value there.

Additionally, im not sure, if it is a good idea to change the default phpBB installation and database for the bridge. The bridge should not be a MOD, neither for phpBB nor for coppermine. It should work as it. If there is a need to add functionality to the bridge, it yould be work only with the bridgefile and the corresponding bridge table. Or it should be something optional. The result is, if you do not change the phpBB database, that you have no longer access to the coppermine gallery.

All other things I have dicovered, I will report later

fornit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2008, 05:51:42 am »

Some hints from my site:

Ich checked the last bridging file and tried to compare it with the last published file based on the phpBB 2.x bridge.

First at all, I have to say, that it was very difficult to compare the files and functionality, as some code was not really rewritten, but only reformated or moved. This makes comparison difficult, to unterstand, what has changed and additionally is makes it difficult to test and support this.

Secondary, most of the files are not running on IIS as the file format is not correct. Esp. the language files for german are corrupting an existing  installation of phpBB, some pages are not shown anymore. Just open them in an Editor, if you see unformatted text, IIS will left the pages blank witch are using these files. Copying back the original phpBB files solves this. If they are correctly formatted, like all the other files in phpBB and coppermine, then they also will run on IIS.

The sql_files to update the database are not running as the auth_option_id field is an autoincrement field and you try to insert a blank value there.

Additionally, im not sure, if it is a good idea to change the default phpBB installation and database for the bridge. The bridge should not be a MOD, neither for phpBB nor for coppermine. It should work as it. If there is a need to add functionality to the bridge, it yould be work only with the bridgefile and the corresponding bridge table. Or it should be something optional. The result is, if you do not change the phpBB database, that you have no longer access to the coppermine gallery.

All other things I have dicovered, I will report later

That's interesting, thank you.

Well ... first question: you don't say at which version you have looked, can you please add that to your comments?

From my point of view comparing the files for phpBB3 and phpBB2 makes as much sense as comparing the files of phpBB2 and vBulletin (or so). The reason is that things have changed much in phpBB3. And especially the things relevant for the bridge ...

If you insert a record with an autoincrement value and you leave the autoincrement-field blank the result should be that value is autoincremented, shouldn't it? ;)
The two statements do not change the database structure, they add two values only.

Adding texts to the language files or not is more a thing of philosophy - if you want to consider that as a modifcation, well ... but there are also texts in the language file for the other bridges.

Can you please describe that IIS problem in more detail? If you only write something about unformatted text it's difficult to understand what the problem really is.

Regards
fornit

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2008, 07:54:49 am »

I wholeheartedly and fully agree. The bridge should not modify the forum, under no circumstances.

kryb81

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2008, 08:23:47 am »

I like the bridge very much. I haven't had enough time to test in detail. But after first problems of defining cookie-prefixes right it seems to work very well...
Specially the possibility of defining user rights in phpbb3-bord-admin for access to coppermine is very good. I would prefer this bridge&mod-solution.

fornit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2008, 11:13:38 pm »

I wholeheartedly and fully agree. The bridge should not modify the forum, under no circumstances.

I can understand that - from a product point of view it wouldn't be a good idea to build each bridge in a way that it makes modifications in the system it is bridging to  ;)

Looking only at coppermine and phpBB3 from an integration and flexibility point of view people prefer the solution with the permission option in phpBB3 because it is smoother and more flexible.

Maybe a solution could be to make the modifications in phpBB3 optional - this would mean to add a new option in the bridge manager whether to use the phpBB3 permission option (as the bridge does now) or simply to use the system defined admin group from phpBB3.
If you are searching a phpBB3 bridge for coppermine standard you are welcome to contact me.

Regards
fornit

fornit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2008, 10:03:13 pm »

Hi,

there was a problem in the bridge displaying hebrew letters. It sholud work with those (and all other character sets) now.

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment [/Edit]

You can find the new version, also including the extensions of Neustradamus, under:
http://www.team-andro.com/download-co3270.html

Regards
fornit
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 01:01:27 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2008, 01:14:12 pm »

Thanks for your contribution. However, what I have said above applies to your bridge as well: we're not fond of bridges that require core code or database changes of the bridge app. In an ideal world (and a bridge that could possibly become part of the official coppermine distribution), there should only be a bridge file in coppermine's bridge folder and everything else should be done using coppermine's bridge manager. I'm not ready to hear complaints of users who accidentally broke their bridge app by a failed attempt to bridge with coppermine. Such a bridge file will not make it into the next distribution. I believe in not forcing users to hack code, simply because of the issues that this will bring along. Hacks are for geeks and coders. There are a lot of them around of course, so your bridge file is a valid contribution for this type of users.
So far, nobody has contributed a bridge file that meets those requirements (no fiddling with the bridge app's code nor the bridge app's database) - maybe because this is not possible due to the new design of phpbb3. If this is the case, there will be no support built-into cpg1.5.x for phpbb3 and the bridging will always remain a third-party hack (similar to Mehdi's Joomla bridge).

Joachim

mtr0212

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2008, 05:13:38 am »

I have to totally agree with Joachim Müller, it has to be safe 110%. if not is a mess for serious websites, who can not take any kind of stupid risks.

But anyway... keep the good work, this bridge is very important IMHO.

BradP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2008, 01:30:40 pm »

Hello...

First time poster. I tried this bridge, made the small code changes necessary on my phpbb3 board, plus a couple of other minor glitchs fixed, but when the phpbb3 login page tries to redirect back to CPG, I get the list of files in my CPG folder. If I click on index.php, I see that I didn't log in. I am just back to where I started. I'm not sure yet if its a problem with the bridge and phpbb3 itself or some setting is not correct.

I'd figure I post my results for anyone interested.

Cheers

BradP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2008, 01:52:08 pm »

Hello...

First time poster. I tried this bridge, made the small code changes necessary on my phpbb3 board, plus a couple of other minor glitchs fixed, but when the phpbb3 login page tries to redirect back to CPG, I get the list of files in my CPG folder. If I click on index.php, I see that I didn't log in. I am just back to where I started. I'm not sure yet if its a problem with the bridge and phpbb3 itself or some setting is not correct.

I'd figure I post my results for anyone interested.

Cheers

Sorry to post again so soon, but I realized I never had index.php listed under the Directoryindex for Apache. So now that it redirects back to Coppermine, I am still not logged in. If I make any progress, I will post it up for everyone.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2008, 07:26:20 pm »

Your postings are not valid test results. Read the thread you're replying to. It contains instructions how a valid test report is suppossed to look like (what it must contain).

scifirocket21

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2008, 07:41:40 am »

Hi,

there was a problem in the bridge displaying hebrew letters. It sholud work with those (and all other character sets) now.

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attachment [/Edit]

You can find the new version, also including the extensions of Neustradamus, under:
http://www.team-andro.com/download-co3270.html

Regards
fornit

something is wrong with the login function now after i installed the bridge that you provided:  if you go to www.mydpnet.com/photos and click login, you will be able to see what I am talking about.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2008, 08:38:41 am »

Not a valid test report! For the very last time: either post a valid test report, or don't reply at all to this thread. To find out how a valid test report is suppossed to look like, read this thread (I mean it: read the entire thread!). The next person who is going to reply to this thread with an invalid posting that doesn't respect the rules will cause this thread to get locked and his/her account to be banned. >:( >:( >:(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.