Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: phpBB 3 olympus and coppermine 1.4.10 bridge integration  (Read 130386 times)

polle

• Coppermine novice

Hi, is there any documentation, files, tests or something going on in bridging beta 5 of phpBB 3 ?
I already tried with the current options with no luck, someone has any helpfull info for this ?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:50:39 pm by Joachim Müller »

mmstream

• Coppermine newbie
Re: phpBB 3 olympus and coppermine 1.4.10 bridge integration
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:55:00 am »

Hello,

PHPBB3 is still in beta processing and they didn't make nay modifications for their phpb33 olympus yet. So I think , from the coppermine gallery point of view, they didn't make integration system or docs for the beta testing yet. Because anything is not stable yet.When their phpb33 olympus release, coppermine will make it for sure. So wait for the phpbb3 release.

Thanks.

polle

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 09:23:39 pm »

Hello,

PHPBB3 is still in beta processing and they didn't make nay modifications for their phpb33 olympus yet. So I think , from the coppermine gallery point of view, they didn't make integration system or docs for the beta testing yet. Because anything is not stable yet.When their phpb33 olympus release, coppermine will make it for sure. So wait for the phpbb3 release.

Thanks.

Thanks mmstream, I thought as the structure of Beta 5 will be the same as the Final, someone had already done something for integrating it, as things will not change.

If someone else has some info, it will be apreciated.

Thanks.

ladysarajane

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 12:13:22 am »

Thanks mmstream, I thought as the structure of Beta 5 will be the same as the Final, someone had already done something for integrating it, as things will not change.

If someone else has some info, it will be apreciated.

Thanks.

Phpbb3 RC1 release and Beta 5 will not be the same at all. There are database improvements as well as a new default skin. Developers have been holding back, because of the changes that have occurred in the daily CVS releases and the beta release. Note that beta should not have been running live either. Phpbb will not support anyboards that are converted from beta to RC1. Only from phpbb2 to RC1.

polle

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 11:44:54 pm »

Phpbb3 RC1 release and Beta 5 will not be the same at all. There are database improvements as well as a new default skin. Developers have been holding back, because of the changes that have occurred in the daily CVS releases and the beta release. Note that beta should not have been running live either. Phpbb will not support anyboards that are converted from beta to RC1. Only from phpbb2 to RC1.

I thout it will have the same structure.

But now its out of beta and its already out.

Anyone has any info in how to bridge it ?

Thanks.

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 02:30:49 am »

Give the CPG guys a day or 2 and I bet you'll see something. Now that phpbb3 is at RC1 the integration for the bridge and db structure looks pretty stable. We tried out RC1 and are very happy with it -- very polished and the conversion process for some huge boards went well. We are not going to actually move to it until CPG publishes an official bridge patch for it even though we hacked up the existing bridge and got it to work...

polle

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 02:41:03 pm »

Give the CPG guys a day or 2 and I bet you'll see something. Now that phpbb3 is at RC1 the integration for the bridge and db structure looks pretty stable. We tried out RC1 and are very happy with it -- very polished and the conversion process for some huge boards went well. We are not going to actually move to it until CPG publishes an official bridge patch for it even though we hacked up the existing bridge and got it to work...

Hi, can you share how to do it, as I am about to start a new site, and obiously I dont want to start it with phpBB 2 now that 3 is out.

And waiting for an official bridging can take weeks, so it would be nice if you share how to do it and see if its a good solution in the meantime.

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 05:22:29 pm »

1) There's no bridge file available for phpBB 3 yet, so there's no use requesting it.
2) Afaik phpbb3 is still in RC status. Although I'm not a phpbb expert, I am convinced that they will offer an upgrade option from phpbb2 to 3 once it get's released officially. Therefor, I'd go for phpBB2 now. Always use the most recent stable release for production sites.

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 07:03:34 pm »

phpbb3 does offer an upgrade option for phpbb2 now and it works quite nicely -- documented as their "convert" function it actually copies and converts into a new db so as not to disturb your existing installation if you are unhappy with it. If you are an attachmod user it also automatically pics up your attachments since attachmod is built-in to phpbb3.

I will refrain from sharing my hack to get the bridge up tbecause the next thing you'll want is support ;) Even I am going to wait until the cpg folks release an official bridge to actually move over. I was just testing out RC1 for evaluation's sake.

If you need to deploy your new site go ahead and do it and add the bridge later...

In the meantime I urge the CPG folks to go ahead with an official bridge as phpbb3 RC1 is quite stable.

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 07:57:46 pm »

Upon further review my hack has serious issues, lol... You wouldn't want it :)

jerx

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 06:39:18 pm »

It would be really nice if you release a phpbb3 bridge before the real final release comes out. How about a compromise? Release an official bridge when RC2 or RC3 are out.

I am not a coder, but I think that although only in RC stage phpbb3 is more secure than phpbb2, just because of the fact that it is much newer and should have advanced coding techniques (phpbb2 was released more than 5 years ago). Moreover the development took quite some time. 2 or 3 months past before a new phpbb3 version had been released.

WheelGuy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 06:03:32 am »

I currently have CPG1.4.10 & using phpBB3 RC1. Unfortunately not bridged at the moment, but I "think" i am close. When I click the login link on the CPG, I am directed to my forums login box, after entering user/password, redirected back to CPG. Problem is, CPG is not recognizing me as being logged in even though the redirect link has a session id. Any clue as to what could be wrong or if i am fooling myself to think i am close to the bridge?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 08:04:55 am »

Bridging coppermine and phpBB3 currently goes unsupported (as in "don't ask questions how to accomplish this"), as we don't have a bridge file available yet. Replying to this thread with further requests for help or remarks like "I would like to have that bridge file as well" doesn't help - don't waste your time.
Only reply to this thread if you actually have a working bridge file to contribute.

rainbowz

• Coppermine newbie
  • cpg: I'm lovin' it!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 01:49:28 pm »

In that case, I'd like ti have that bridge file as well.

;)

How about a suggestion instead then: put a sticky in this forum something like...

<subject>NOTE: PHPBB 3 Bridge file: Not here yet</subject>

There is no known working bridge file for Coppermine>PHPBB 3 at this time.
Check this thread for further updates.
We'll announce the arrival of such a file in this very thread as soon as it becomes available.
Note that there is currently no estimated time of arrival for it.

Please be patient and refrain form asking when, we swear we'll let you know ASAP.

The Coppermine Team.

Then lock it. Update the sticky as needed and new info arrives.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 06:02:52 pm »

So you suggest a sticky thread for each bridge file that we don't have available but which get requested? ::) Prepare yourself for hundreds of sticky threads. :o

Your request is invalid. Before being allowed to post, users are suppossed to search. Searching for phpbb3 should lead them here anyway. That's all that is needed. Your previous suggestion is invalid. Please stop replying to this thread if you have nothing to say - I mean it! Don't force me to lock each and every thread. As I wrote above: bridge contributions would be welcome; instead of wasting everybody's time, why don't you just come up with a working bridge file instead of posting nonsense :-\.

TheKind

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 04:21:16 pm »

Okay, i made a bridging file for PhpBB 3.0 RC1.

I tested it, it works well but it's not finalised:

1) The field "user_active" does not exists animore, so i deleted the line
2) To use the file you'll have to edit it:
Line 114, change phpbb3_2i638 to the name fo you cookie (it's set on the ACP -> Cookies settings).

Use it carefully, only to test. This file may be buggy

TheKind

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 05:19:12 pm »

Actually, only logged in/out status is working, i'll see what to do for admins groups.

Grolley

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://photos.grolley.com
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 11:34:34 pm »

Any update TheKind? Anyone?

merebel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 06:23:04 pm »

Yes I am also wondering if there is any updates as well

Keith

TheKind

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 06:55:42 pm »

I'm not working on bridging right now, but i'm not the only one who nows how to use PHP...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.