Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine and Xaraya?  (Read 5833 times)

pezastic

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine and Xaraya?
« on: March 06, 2004, 01:57:38 pm »

What's the latest on this?  Has anyone got Coppermine integrated into Xaraya?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Coppermine and Xaraya?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 02:00:25 pm »

What's a "Xaraya"? Some evil alien menace from Startrek :wink: ?

GauGau

pezastic

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine and Xaraya?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 03:26:45 pm »

Xaraya is a CMS.  I think that I read somewhere that it is an offshoot of PHP-Nuke.  If it was, it definitely took a different course than the Nuke systems.  Xaraya is highly flexible in its usage, thanks to the content management "hooks".  Its usage can be as diverse as Drupal, another CMS, with its all-encompassing taxonomy system.

Actually, after looking over the offerings of various image galleries and CMSes, I feel like an "evil alien menace from Startrek" has scrambled my brain.  It is all so confusing!  All I want is a nice little personal site to log my journal entries and display my images in an orderly fashion.  I like Xaraya and I like Coppermine.  I was wondering if anyone felt the same and has had luck with getting them to work seemlessly together.

eolica

• Translator
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.ilvaldinoto.net
Xaraya
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 12:43:33 am »

No, Xaraya is a fish, not an evil alien menace from Startrek.
Yes, Xaraya comes from the same team that started postnuke.

It is in my opinion a very good system, but probably a little bit too complex for a normal user (if you want to use all the features - and that's really alot - provided).

There is no option at the moment to integrate xaraya and coppermine, but the two are similar in that they provide bridging possibility.
In Xaraya there is an authentication modules for the Invision board;
In Coppermine there are bridges for Invision and other forums.

So it shouldn't be too difficult to create a link between the two - having enough knowledge of both and enough programming skills :wink:
Sesto Avolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.