Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPMFetch 2.0 and Multiple CPGs  (Read 3526 times)

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
CPMFetch 2.0 and Multiple CPGs
« on: April 23, 2007, 02:31:54 pm »

Hi Vuud,

I have multiple CPGs.  A per policy of my webhosting service, a username can be used only for so many (25) databases.  As a result therefore, I have multiple usernames and passwords.  This has never been an issue when I used the CPMFetch v1.6.4.  I can have all my CPGs display images in a single page, using the CPMFetch v1.6.4.

The way the  CPMFetch v2.0 works though, if I am not mistaken, uses the information coming from a specific CPG.  How can a single CPMFetch (v2.0) then be made to work so that it could be used to display images from multiple CPGs with different usernames and passwords? 

When we discussed this awhile back, you stated that it would get tricky with multiple CPGs  but it is doable.

I am planning to keep the old pages using the CPMFetch v1.6.4 but plan to slowly convert to the CPMFetch v2.0, if it is doable.  The new pages that will use the CPMFetch v2.0 will have its own "cpmfetch", that is:

cpmfetch => for  the previous CPMFetch v1.6.4

cpmfetch2 => for  the  new CPMFetch v2.0

Thanks.

Cornelio

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: CPMFetch 2.0 and Multiple CPGs
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:34:19 pm »

Hi Vuud,

I have multiple CPGs.  A per policy of my webhosting service, a username can be used only for so many (25) databases.  As a result therefore, I have multiple usernames and passwords.  This has never been an issue when I used the CPMFetch v1.6.4.  I can have all my CPGs display images in a single page, using the CPMFetch v1.6.4.

The way the  CPMFetch v2.0 works though, if I am not mistaken, uses the information coming from a specific CPG.  How can a single CPMFetch (v2.0) then be made to work so that it could be used to display images from multiple CPGs with different usernames and passwords? 

When we discussed this awhile back, you stated that it would get tricky with multiple CPGs  but it is doable.

I am planning to keep the old pages using the CPMFetch v1.6.4 but plan to slowly convert to the CPMFetch v2.0, if it is doable.  The new pages that will use the CPMFetch v2.0 will have its own "cpmfetch", that is:

cpmfetch => for  the previous CPMFetch v1.6.4

cpmfetch2 => for  the  new CPMFetch v2.0

Thanks.

Cornelio

Well, are they all on the same web site?  If so, you can just create different config files for each of them...

Something like this:

1) Upload Cpmfetch2.0 somewhere outside of any CPG's directory
2) Run the install program and point it at one of the diretories
3) rename the config file it made to something unique
4) upload the default config file again
5) Repeat for the next site.

Basically you are going to make a bunch of cpmfetch_config.php files - one for each site. 

I think that will do...  Then when you start up cpmfetch, you point it at the config file you are wanting to use.

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.