Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpmFetch  (Read 5058 times)

tignarius

• Coppermine newbie
cpmFetch
« on: April 13, 2007, 12:39:14 am »

I have been told, cpmFetch can be used to insert 'specific' images from Coppermine into a WordPress posting. However the description/instructions do not say this. It specifies either random or images from a single gallery.  This is not what I want.

I have no idea what I am doing with either Coppermine or WordPress so a very simple answer or solution would be most kind...!

Thank you

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: cpmFetch
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:19:28 am »

I have been told, cpmFetch can be used to insert 'specific' images from Coppermine into a WordPress posting. However the description/instructions do not say this. It specifies either random or images from a single gallery.  This is not what I want.

I have no idea what I am doing with either Coppermine or WordPress so a very simple answer or solution would be most kind...!

Thank you

If you just need a given picture, why bother with all of this.  Just put the picture into wordpress and be done.

This function allows for getting a photo by its pid
http://cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com/docs/stable_basic/cpmfetch/cpm.html#cpm_viewMediaByPid

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

tignarius

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:01:00 am »

Ok, I kind of knew I would have to explain the whole thing.... ::)

The Scotsheraldry website has supported a bespoke forum for a number of years but it is now time to move on.  The WordPress blog will have lots of regular author level users.  Wordpress will allow the insertion of pictures only if they are hosted somewhere on the internet. Many of my users have no picture hosting facility of their own and those that do might not be inclined to keep that facility in the future.

So I want to provide an integrated gallery to host the image so the blog regulars can uplift their images to the site and then link them into the posts and comments in the blog.  This preserves the integrity of the threads for all time by keep the image 'on site' so they are not 'lost' at some stage in the future when someone take down their own site... (I know this happen quite frequently!)

I do not know what a 'pid' is, (Picture ID perchance?  if that is correct, then that would be very helpful because I cannot find the url/location of any picture I have put in the gallery and cannot find any explanation of how to find it!) and I have no idea what the url string you gave does for me. As I said, I know nothing about all this, I am a complete novice....

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 04:28:00 am »

The Scotsheraldry website has supported a bespoke forum for a number of years but it is now time to move on.  The WordPress blog will have lots of regular author level users.  Wordpress will allow the insertion of pictures only if they are hosted somewhere on the internet. Many of my users have no picture hosting facility of their own and those that do might not be inclined to keep that facility in the future.

So I want to provide an integrated gallery to host the image so the blog regulars can uplift their images to the site and then link them into the posts and comments in the blog.  This preserves the integrity of the threads for all time by keep the image 'on site' so they are not 'lost' at some stage in the future when someone take down their own site... (I know this happen quite frequently!)

I do not know what a 'pid' is, (Picture ID perchance?  if that is correct, then that would be very helpful because I cannot find the url/location of any picture I have put in the gallery and cannot find any explanation of how to find it!) and I have no idea what the url string you gave does for me. As I said, I know nothing about all this, I am a complete novice....

From your comments, I am thinking this may be a tough one for you - unless someone wants to step forward and do it for you.

While I dearly love cpmfetch I don't think I would push it for this purpose.  It adds a level of complexity (and yes PID is picture id) you don't need.

Is there any reason why you cannot just have these users upload images to the gallery and then link to the picture directly?  If they go into the gallery and pull up a full size image, they can right click and get the path to the image.  Then they just use that.

I just did that to my personally gallery and I get something like this:

http://www.fistfullofcode.com/photos/albums/2006_04_01/img_3245.jpg

I think this would solve your problem...

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 04:28:46 am »

Oh, and BTW I think your idea of using CPG to manage the pictures is a really good idea.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.