Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: integrated gallery design  (Read 4436 times)

bajs

• Coppermine regular visitor
integrated gallery design
« on: April 08, 2007, 08:57:29 pm »

Hey! I am thinking about getting a new gallery design, but to integrate it into my site layout. There are two problems, besides the fact that I've no idea how to achieve this, and it's 1. I have my main site on a different server than my gallery, will it still work? and 2) My site is skinned (using the script siteskin) will it still work...?

Help`?  :-[
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:57:02 pm by Sami »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: integrated gallery design
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 10:37:13 pm »

1. I have my main site on a different server than my gallery, will it still work?
Yes , I don't see any relation between gallery design and the server!

2) My site is skinned (using the script siteskin) will it still work...?
Yes, you just need to create CPG theme just like your site

take a look at stickies on this board and then check standard themes that comes with installation package , you'll get the idea
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

bajs

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 12:06:02 pm »

I am confused. I must have misunderstood the whole integrated gallery design thing.

Let me try to rephrase the questions. I now have a different design for my gallery, and a different for my main site. I created a template for my gallery .... But now, I want my gallery to have the same design as my main site. To give an example ... See this site: http://www.a-lohman.com
If you then click on the gallery link it takes you here http://www.a-lohman.com/photos ... See how the gallery desing is precisely the same as the main site design? Even the sidebar is there.

My question is, did this person create a theme that looks exactly like her main site layout?

Or is there any other way to "include" the gallery, just like you do with all the other content. I for example have a header.php and footer.php ... When creating a new file, index.php for example, I use "include header/footer" in the index.php .... maybe there is a way to do this with the gallery so it loads in the main content column, just like the rest of the content.

Or maybe, I just got everything wrong, and I need to create a theme that looks precisely like the main site layout. The only "negative" thing about that would be that each ime I change my main layout, (it doesnt have to  be a big change, it could be a small change in the sidebar ... adding/removing things) I need to change my theme. This, I wouldnt have to do if it is possible to "include" the gallery.

So this is my question and thoughts. Now I have no IDEA if this is even possible and sorry, I use words as "include the gallery" cause I cant find any other expressions, I am pretty bad at expressin myself, but I hope someone understands my thoughts :)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 01:04:38 pm »

My question is, did this person create a theme that looks exactly like her main site layout?

Yes, she/he did
It's not really hard , you just need to know HTML and a little php coding to create such theme

bajs

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 01:10:15 pm »

oh ok :P So much theory about "including" the gallery, it doesn't really exist?

It's probably not hard. That's not the problem. Problem is that each time I add/remove something in the sidebar, for example, I need to edit my theme as well.

bajs

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 01:17:30 pm »

sorry to pe posting again and persisting, but are you sure it is not possible? I searched the forum before and I got a few posts regarding the same subject (almost)

I'm looking for someone who can help me integrate coppermine gallery into an existing web design that i have created for my personal website.

I would like to be able to include the photos pages inside the same theme and design as my site, and not opening up in an extra window. I am also running a custom version of the wordpress blog script, and it would be fantastic if i could integrate that into the site too.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=18612.0

Seems to me like it is possible

bajs

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 03:41:35 am »

bumpy

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 06:44:49 am »

- If you want to show a random image or an album or part of your gallery inside your site then you can use Cpmfetch this way you don't need to create custom theme

- If you want to show whole gallery just like your site then you don't have any choices except creating a custom theme just like your site

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 07:52:03 am »

oh ok :P So much theory about "including" the gallery, it doesn't really exist?
You can't use PHP's include() command if this is what you're suggesting.

Sami is sure as well as all the other devs. If you create a clever design of headers and footers of your main page (i.e. re-design your non-coppermine site), then you can recycle of lot of code and even use the custom_fooetr/header functions. However, you'll have to kknow what you're doing to accomplish this - and it is an overall redesign of your entire site, remember.
Do as Sami suggested, it's not that hard.

bajs

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 02:46:37 pm »

I wasnt suggesting anything, I was just thinking aloud, but now I can exclude that option.

I will just create a new template then. thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.