Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do any users have Coppermine running with aMember?  (Read 14112 times)

johnf

• Coppermine newbie
Do any users have Coppermine running with aMember?
« on: April 07, 2007, 01:22:50 am »

Does anyone have aMember running with a coppermine gallery? I had coppermine installed and running fine, downloaded the aMember trial and tried to bridge them. Following a successful bridge, aMember kept trying to log me in with its database password - so no access to coppermine.   Had to delete the entire installation and start over.  If anyone has successfully installed this combination, would you be so kind as to post a URL where I can see it working?

It's clear from previous posts that Coppermine dev does not support this process.  I am not asking for support from them.

In reading the previous posts for both products, it appears that many users have had issues with the group function working between the two applications.  I am just hoping that some user may a successful integration and would be so kind as to post a URL where we can see it functioning.

Thank you

Campfire

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Do any users have Coppermine running with aMember?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 05:03:25 am »

First a disclaimer--I'm not yet a Coppermine user, but I DO use Amember. Amember is strictly a site subscription program. It does allow subscriptions of different lengths, prices, etc., but at the end of the day you are either subscribed or you are not. Period. It doesn't assign people to "groups". So if, as people here have suggested, a bridge is controlled by Amember, that's all you're going to get from it. I use it in conjunction with WowBB, where I have two categories. If you are "Amember approved" so to speak, you are a member with full priviliges. If you aren't, you are a "guest" with limited priviliges. Could Amember and Coppermine be programmed to talk to one another in a similar manner?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 09:23:56 am »

You could create a bridge file that keeps the groups coppermine comes with intact (usually, when bridging the built-in coppermine groups are being dropped in favor of the groups of the app you bridge with) and only uses the user management and authentification scheme from the app you bridge with (amember in your case). However, such a bridge hasn't been written yet (as far as I'm aware of) and probably won't be written by dev team members (because it isn't a FOSS app). You're welcome to come up with such a bridge and share it with the community though. (And no, there is no guide available how to write bridge files - you have to look at the existing ones and modify one to fit your needs).
Bottom line: possible --> yes. Available --> no. Will be written by --> you.

Joachim

lifter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 09:04:55 pm »

Would anyone be willing to make a custom bridge that doesn't disable custom Coppermine groups? ...  ::)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 10:56:07 am »

Did you read my reply? There's no point in requesting a bridge file to be coded for amember. If you need it, you'll have to code it or hire someone to code it for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.