Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload problem  (Read 3787 times)

btalent

• Coppermine newbie
Upload problem
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:05:31 pm »

Hi im not to good with coppermine gallerys but heres my problem.

I had a gallery that worked perfectly for about half a year then one day I couldnt upload!
I tried alot of things and in the end I deleted it and started again but I still have the same problem!

I choose a file for upload, "Successful Uploads" then I proceed to the next step but no sample pic appears and after placing each pic in folders it then says "The previous file could not be placed. You have successfully placed all the files."

if someone would like to take a look, any help would be fantastic
http://www.billytalentii.com/gallery/index.php
USER: btalent
PASS: ****** [edit GauGau] edited out password [/edit]

thanks
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:27:10 pm by GauGau »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Upload problem
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:14:08 pm »

Try the search option, it's there for a reason.
Searching with "The previous file could not be placed" delivers a list of threads dealing with this problem.

See this thread:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=40623.0

Or for that matter, read the documentation:
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble and
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#safe

Hein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 02:25:08 pm »

Never post an admin account on a public board. I changed your password and sent it to you by PM.

I did as suggested there, figured out the problem and set "Method for resizing images" in Coppermine's config from "ImageMagick" (which you don't have on your server, at least not at the path you posted) to "GD2" and everything works as expected, see http://www.billytalentii.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1

Issue solved.

In the future, do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs if you need help.

@Hein: thanks for posting - you must have been looking while I already changed stuff around on that page. The thread starter had failed to do anything right, so setting was as expected and he posted an admin account. You posted while I was typing my reply.

@btalent: failing to do as suggested in the docs results in extra work for supporters, which is a selfish thing to do. You owe both Hein as well as me a beer.

btalent

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 10:45:35 pm »

I did look for other thread to help but all I could find was stuff about coding, to me its all codes that I didnt understand!!
Which is why I asked for help not a lecture! sorry but for me its not as clear as im completely self taught at codes.
as I did say im not to good with coppermine.

and I dont really mind bout posting the admin as I can just delete the coppermine off my host is someone did something to it! and I have nothing in there to mess with! plus I changed the password from the one I use before posting it here so I havnt given anything away as to my normal passwords.

thanks for your help!

btalent

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 10:52:15 pm »

works perfectly btw cant believe it was that simple,

I did use to be ImageMagick because I used it on my gallery for about half a year!

thanks I can stop ripping my hair out now

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 11:48:22 am »

I did look for other thread to help but all I could find was stuff about coding, to me its all codes that I didnt understand!!
No coding was involved at all

Which is why I asked for help not a lecture!
It's mandatory to have read the docs before being allowed to ask for help. That's our forum policy. Breaking board rules, causing extra work for supporters, and then complaining about being lectured even though I did solve your issue by fixing your incorrect setup? Thanks for that.

and I dont really mind bout posting the admin as I can just delete the coppermine off my host is someone did something to it! and I have nothing in there to mess with!
Using the admin account you have posted, I (or anybody else) could easily have left a backdoor on your server (outside the coppermine folder) that would allow me full access at any later time. Usually, hackers don't just waste/deface a site. They leave a backdoor script that allows them to remotely control the server as they see fit, using the pirated server to send spam, host illegal material, perform denial of service attacks against other sites etc. You never would have noticed that I have hacked your server, especially since you're not very experienced. Only a dim-witted, wannabe-hacker script-kiddie would have defaced your empty gallery and left. That's not what real black hat hackers do.

I don't mind that you're unexperienced - that's why I helped you although you broke board rules. However, I'm seriously pissed if people are unappreciative like you just out of ignorance. If you have no idea what you're doing, at least show some respect for people who help you and even explain to you what you did wrong in order to avoid future hacks.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 01:58:10 pm »

offtopic

@btalent: failing to do as suggested in the docs results in extra work for supporters, which is a selfish thing to do. You owe both Hein as well as me a beer.

i prefer Glen Talloch or Glen Morange.. although the Irish Green Spot is good as wel ;)

/offtopic
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.