Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: squised look  (Read 7775 times)

bajs

• Coppermine regular visitor
squised look
« on: April 02, 2007, 09:15:20 pm »

i used this script to make my thumbnails lok the same size, but instead they look squished, as if the script hasnt Cropped them. HEre is a sample: see the red circled thumbs? suire they are 50x50 but not croppped, just sqished. The other samples, below, are kinda cropped and look normal (proportion) how can i get this effect? http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7262/namua3.jpg

my settings: http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1671/shitpd4.jpg

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: squised look
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 09:44:50 pm »

i'm having the same problem when i use jupload for uploading.
i didn't really solve the problem but the effect disappeared when i used the admin tools and redid the thumbnails.
perhaps that helps.
greetz
Regards,
Farnsi

bajs

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 09:50:43 pm »

how do I use admin tools to edit them?

bajs

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:44:36 pm »

bump

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 11:00:40 pm »

i'm having the same problem when i use jupload for uploading.
i didn't really solve the problem but the effect disappeared when i used the admin tools and redid the thumbnails.
perhaps that helps.
greetz

there's no modpack version for jupload... that's why

bajs

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 11:06:58 pm »

i dunno what jupload is. but stramm, do I need to do as the previous poster said=?

bajs

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 11:45:43 pm »

stramm,i read tghe doc you linked toop but admin tools, doesnt makeany sense to me, what do I need to do? sry I am stupid.

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 08:29:26 am »

as i said, try to rebuild the thumbnails. it's the first option from the admin tools.
first click "Update Thumbs and/or resized photos" after that click "only thumbnails" than choose the number of thumbnails which are processed at one click, let's say 20, and at the end scroll down and choose the album and click "ok".
Regards,
Farnsi

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 02:33:22 pm »

i dunno what jupload is. but stramm, do I need to do as the previous poster said=?

You do not need to know what jupload is. This was just an answer to Farnsi. I quoted his post to bring home the message.

In config when you change the thumb size or the dimension, then note the two ** . Click them and see the reason why the thumbs look stretched or squished.

(**) When changing this setting, only the files that are added from that point on are affected, so it is advisable that this setting must not be changed if there are already files in the gallery. You can, however, apply the changes to the existing files with the "admin tools (resize pictures)" utility from the admin menu.

Means all the old pics still have its old dimension... eg. 120x150, but from the time on you changed the settings, the images get pressed into the new dimensions, eg. 100x100. Now you use the admin tools to recreate the thumbs using the new settings. Means they get resized and cropped to fit the new dimensions.

bajs

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 06:19:03 pm »

Stramm - I know your previous post was directed to Farnsi, I noticed the quote. I did read the ** post about having to apply the changes to the files added prior to the mod installation, and I understood I had to do this using the Admin Tools, but what I didn't know was how to use the admin tools in order to get the cropped thumbnails. But Farnsi explained this very well so I thank you Farnsi! :)

as i said, try to rebuild the thumbnails. it's the first option from the admin tools.
first click "Update Thumbs and/or resized photos" after that click "only thumbnails" than choose the number of thumbnails which are processed at one click, let's say 20, and at the end scroll down and choose the album and click "ok".

I just have one question. Is there any way, since I have so many albums containing 13000 pictures, to just apply the changes to ALL albums and not having to apply the changes to each and every single album manually? I tried, by choosing a high number at "Number of processed images per click" (I tried with 800) but I got a timeout. I chose a lower number, and then from the dropdownbox I selected "ALL ALBUMS" and since I have 13 000 pictures I repeated this step a numerous of times, but it seems like it doesn't pick up where it stopped last time, cause each time it updates the "/userpic" folder :/

Does this make any sense?

So does it mean i have to go through each album manually?

bajs

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 06:20:48 pm »

just wanted to add: it is 18500 files in 399 albums ... I dont wanna go through 400 albums manually!  ??? :-\

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 07:43:08 pm »

The modpack has the big advantage that you don't need to pet the update process. Select for albums to process 'All' and check 'Auto refresh (no need to click continue button anymore)' ... and wait till recreating the thumbs has finished.

I recommend to reduce the 'Number of processed images per click' to 5 to avoid timeouts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.