Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No upload error msg, but no pictures either  (Read 3083 times)

jrothra

• Coppermine newbie
No upload error msg, but no pictures either
« on: May 21, 2007, 10:22:18 pm »

Site: www.jrothraministries.com/personal/

I've followed the instructions located in:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting
4.11.3 Using Windows XP Web Publishing Wizard with Coppermine

I've created a test user account (I'm not exactly sure how to link to this account, so I'll just put the username/password here):
Username: testuser
Password: testuser

I've tried uploading using Windows XP's publish feature and it gives no error messages.  The last window it shows is that they all uploaded successfully and checks the box to open the site after I click "Finish."

I've tried uploading the pictures to the Testalbum but the site continues to show no files/pictures were uploaded.  The pictures I've uploaded are less than 400kb each.  When I upload them, I check the box in the WinXP wizard to tell it which pictures to upload.  It uploads all 8 or so, uploading them one at a time.

Is there any other information you need?  Let me know and I'll provide it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:57:41 am by Hein »

Rtaylor551

• Coppermine newbie
Re: No upload error msg, but no pictures either
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:00:08 am »

I am having the same problem, I think.  I just installed Coppermine and am setting it up before I point the domain name to it.
It shows "upload successful", but all I get is a red "x" and a message that says no photos in album.
Help!!!!  I took some photos at a couple of shows and really need to get my Coppermine site set up. 
Thanks
RTaylor

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:03:27 am »

@Rtaylor551: your issue differs. Don't try to hijack other's threads. Do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs (in your own thread).

@jrothra: error message is
The file 'albums/userpics/Beispiel.jpg' can't be inserted in the album

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

File: /home/jrothra/public_html/personal/db_input.php - Line: 402
which usually indicates that you have specified "ImageMagick" in Coppermine's config for "method for resizing pics" without having it available on your server or without providing the proper path. Set "method for resizing images" to "GD2" if you have GD2 available (check phpinfo).

jrothra

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 09:48:31 am »

@GauGau

This was something I did not realize.  I'll look into it and go from there.  I'll let you now the results.  Thank you. :)

jrothra

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:55:38 am »

@GauGau
After changing the method to GD2, I was able to upload pictures using the testuser account.  I then checked the site and they were there!  Thank you!  That worked! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.