Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with the visibility of the album  (Read 3297 times)

Acetylator

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with the visibility of the album
« on: March 04, 2004, 11:41:51 pm »

Hello guys, thank you for your wonderful script! :-)
I have one problem. Here is what I have done:
1. Installed Coppermine.
2. Created new group of users (Family)
3. Created category FamilyPics
4. Created album Album1 in the category FamilyPics.
5. Edited properties of Album1 so it can be visible only by members of group Family.

What it does:
1. When I am not logged in - Album1 is invisible - so it is OK.
2. When I am logged as a member of group Family - Album1 is visible - again, it is OK.
3. Problem: when I am logged as administrator (member of Administrators group) - the Album1 is invisible!
Well, logically, may be it is OK. The fact that it is invisible, though, does not mean that I can not enter it - I can, but, for example, how can I edit its properties? Because it is not normally visible, I have to click on some other's album "Properties" button and then choose in the combo box Album1. It is not good.
So, I suggest, that members of Administrators group can see ALL albums. This will enable administrator to edit properties or delete every album he will want easily.

Thanks, Ace.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 12:30:14 am »

Go int config, set 'show private icon to unlogged user' to YES.  You will now see the album, and as admin, will be able to view and edit as required.

This is a known problem, and there is a fix available, if you don't want toshow the icon, or wait till the next version, where it is fixed.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Acetylator

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 12:46:57 am »

Thank you, Casper, this solution works. But it is only partial solution. The problem is that I don't want alien users to even see a name of hidden album and its description. Now if I turn on "Private" button, they can't see photos in the album, but they can' see its description - and for me it is a security problem.
So, again, I think that in the next version you should give administrators rights to be able to see ALL albums.

Thank you, Ace.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 07:33:17 am »

this is clearly a bug in the current version and has already been fixed in the code for the next version - admin should always be "god" :wink: ...

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.