Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album is a mess in IE7  (Read 2922 times)

michiel

• Coppermine novice
    • Dwaalgasten Foto
Album is a mess in IE7
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:28:20 pm »

I have two albums under Coppermine, among which http://lorelei.dwaalgasten.nl/index.php?cat=0. I have developed my own simple layout. It always looked fine under both FF en IE6. However, after the installation of IE7 the lay out is a mess: fonts are wrong, the background colour is gone, etc. However, if you enter F5 ("refresh"), the site suddenly looks fine. Enter the URL, however, and back is the mess. The problems with my older site (basically with the same layout) http://www.dwaalgasten.nl/fotoblog/ are even worse, as the center section is moved to the left.
I would highly appreciate  suggestions on what I can do about this!
Michiel

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Album is a mess in IE7
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:33:22 am »

I've just viewed it in IE6, 7, safari and firefox and it loooks the same on all. Maybe it's something on your system. Try clearing your cached pages etc.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

michiel

• Coppermine novice
    • Dwaalgasten Foto
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:06:44 pm »

Thanks for your reaction! There appears indeed to be a link with the "temporary pages". If I empty it, the page looks fine. However, then the page is included again in the cache, and - on my computer - the page is incomplete again (to be precise: the background colour is white instead of blue, and the wrong font is used). The same happens on another computer at home. It must be a particular IE setting on our computer, which apparently is not on your computer. The conclusion is, however, that on computers with our settings (by the way, which would be the culprit?), the page turns wrong, and I would llike to do something about it. Any other suggestions?

michiel

• Coppermine novice
    • Dwaalgasten Foto
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 01:09:26 pm »

PS: the page turns only wrong at thumbnail pages. Once you enter pages with a single photo, the page looks fine....

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 09:59:47 pm »

I've now see what you mean.

Try validating your code, I'm sure you will find some errors near the top.

This is a good tool for the job.

http://www.wat-c.org/WAT/versions/en/
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.