Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I replace image files without Coppermine knowing?  (Read 2596 times)

the Fiddler

• Coppermine newbie
Can I replace image files without Coppermine knowing?
« on: April 06, 2007, 03:00:53 am »

Sorry if that subject is oddly worded.  I'm kinda new to this stuff and am not sure how to ask what I want to do, so let me explain.

I want to download all the images from my Coppermine gallery (400+), then run them through Photoshop to resize them to say 75% and resave them as smaller files.  I want to do this to save some web space as they're taking up nearly a Gig on my server.  I know how to do the local stuff, but if I do this, then re-upload over the top of the existing files with the new smaller ones, is Coppermine going to know?  And will it then screw everything up?  Or is there a way to tell it to update the file info (like resolution), but without loosing picture names, comments, ratings, etc. associated with each file.

If I'm not clear on what I'm wanting to do, let me know.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Hercules24

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • High Resolution Party Pictures
Re: Can I replace image files without Coppermine knowing?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 03:08:07 am »

I once did it the other way around: re-uploaded bigger images :)
Under admin tools there's this function: Reload file dimensions and size information
It works perfect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.