Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading more then 100 Images.  (Read 4249 times)

Andio

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading more then 100 Images.
« on: March 04, 2004, 07:42:37 pm »

So I'm new with this CPG and so far i think it's great :)

But I'm having a problem uploading pictures. I need to know how to upload more then 100 pics at once...? Not one and one cuz that will take forever for me to upload all the pictures.

So how do I do it? And do I need to make the thumb nails myself or?

Thanks in advance
Andio  :!:

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 08:59:33 pm »

FTP them into folders you create in coppermine/albums/  (not in userpics), and then batch upload into the albums you want.

The batch upload creates the thumbs and intermediate pics for you.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Andio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 09:51:37 pm »

ohh, thanks Casper you're a life saver.

But there's something that's not right here.

Should I create the folders myself? I've created the albums at the gallery but when I sign into my ftp and look under the folder albums there's only a /userpics folder and an index.html file. And if i create the Albums myself how do I make them so the pics in the specific albums turn up at the correct albums at the gallery?...

Also, where do I get this batch?

Thanks a lot  :wink:

alptraum

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://alptraum.us
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 11:13:25 pm »

i create folders under /coppermine/albums/userpics/xxx
where xxx is the name of your new album. create the directory and upload all images via ftp, then create a new album via your site, then batch add pics.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 11:42:28 pm »

What alptraum said is wrong (not his/her fault, the docs are unclear).  You MUST NOT create your folders in the 'userpics' folder.  This may work at first, but will create problems at some stage.

You should create folders within the 'albums' folder, BUT NOT in the 'userpics' folder, and chmod them to 755 or 777, whichever your server works at.  

You can even just ftp your pics in the existing folder structure you have on your pc, for ease of admin.

Albums you create within coppermine are used for displaying the the pics, and you have to create these whilst in coppermine.

The batch upload facility is visible in the admin menu (apparently it is missing in the hardwired theme).
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

alptraum

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://alptraum.us
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 08:57:40 am »

lmao, nice to know. sorry  :roll: it's been working fine for my album with 700 pics in 8 albums. guess i'll move some stuff around too.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 10:21:31 am »

Hi,

if it is working ok, I suggest you leave the existing ones where they are, but any future uploads do as described above.

I made this mistake when I first used coppermine, and found when I tried to move them later it caused me all sorts of trouble.

Andio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 02:12:30 pm »

oki so far so good.

But do y have to create the albums in FTP first then on the gallery?

Cuz I've already created 60 albums on the gallery.
Should i create 60 albums under /Albums/ on the ftp now? with the exact same name?

The Gallery -

* Screen Captures

- Season 1
|- 01 Pilot
|- 02 name
+ 20 more albums

- Season 2
same as s1

- Season 3
same as s1 and 2.

so should i create in the ftp for lets say the Season1, Pilot.

Gallery/Albums/Season 1/01 Pilot

like that and upload the pics for the pilot into the /01 Pilot  folder? Cuz it has the same name as on the gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 02:13:35 pm »

There's no direct relation between the folder structure on your webserver within the folder called "albums" and the category/album structure you have in Coppermine, but it is advisable to have a similar structure (for you to keep track of things), but it's not a "must".

GauGau

Andio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 02:21:33 pm »

wow, thanks you guys, I'm one step from having the perfect gallery  :D

only one last question, when I've uploaded the pictures to their album folders, and went to the gallery to "Batch add pictures" and chosen where the pictures should show up (in what album) ill the "Batch add pictures" create thumbs for the pictures itself or...?

The thumb question is my last problem, besides that everythings working better then expected :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 02:30:21 pm »

sure, the thumbs and intermediates (if enabled in config) will be created, that's the idea of having batch-add...

GauGau

Widi

• Coppermine novice
    • http://www.widi.tk
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 05:04:26 pm »

Quote from: "casper"
What alptraum said is wrong (not his/her fault, the docs are unclear).  You MUST NOT create your folders in the 'userpics' folder.  This may work at first, but will create problems at some stage.

You should create folders within the 'albums' folder, BUT NOT in the 'userpics' folder, and chmod them to 755 or 777, whichever your server works at.  

You can even just ftp your pics in the existing folder structure you have on your pc, for ease of admin.

Albums you create within coppermine are used for displaying the the pics, and you have to create these whilst in coppermine.

The batch upload facility is visible in the admin menu (apparently it is missing in the hardwired theme).

What kind of problems occur when you but them in the 'userpics' dis. cause that's where i put all  my phot's. Won't do it anymore, was just wondering.
 :roll:

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 08:47:32 pm »

If it's working for you: fine, don't change anything, but make sure to upload to a different folder in the future. There have been reports on all kinds of "funny" side-effects this might have (like being not able to move pics around, or coppermine not being able to auto-rename pics once there already is a file with the same name in the database). The strange thing is: those "funny" behaviours can't be reproduced - for some, using "userpics" may work under all circumstances, other experience errors sooner or later. We (the dev team) haven't really bothered to solve this issue, except repeating over and over again: ftp-uploads mustn't go into the userpics folder.
I'm sorry to give such a vague answer, but that's all I can say.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.