Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some MiniThumbs not displaying in Avatar Manage  (Read 4962 times)

bitcloud

• Coppermine frequent poster
some MiniThumbs not displaying in Avatar Manage
« on: March 29, 2007, 10:11:48 pm »

Hi,

This problem becomes apparent because some of the minithumbs don't display in Avatar Manage, but it's perhaps a bigger problem than that...

The nondisplaying images are ones which contain non alphanumeric characters (such as "]" which in the address bar should be displayed as "%5D") and were uploaded via URL.

Whats happening is the avatar manage is looking for the minithumb at its (should be correct) address of filename%5D.jpg and it's not finding it because all the other files (thumb_ and the full image) are actually named %255D for some strange reason - Perhaps this is a bug in the main "upload via URL" coppermine code? (i'll post a question out there also)

So basically avatarmanage.php is looking for what should be the correct name in the minithumbs list, but it's not finding it because of the "nonalphanumeric + URLupload" bug changing the name, on upload, of characters like "[" (%5D) to %255D (it seems to be adding 25 in between the % and the rest of the characters)

So I guess the core issue is the coppermine bug, but it brings to light that you may be getting the filenames for the minithumbs in a different manner to how it works out the URL for the thumb_ and normal_ versions of the file...

I haven't been able to test this on your site because it won't let me upload anything via URL

Cheers
Lachlan

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: some MiniThumbs not displaying in Avatar Manage
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 09:02:15 am »

have to look into it... seems I have forgotten to resanitize the URLs in the avatar manage script

bitcloud

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:21:08 am »

After a bit more testing, this is definitely a problem with the main code, but i guess the way the modpack handles the URL must also be different... (a similar problem is evident in the coppermine wordpress plugin for the minithumbs)

if it helps, I believe whats happening is the main code is sanitizing the filename from the URL thusly:
it reads %5D from the URL upload as a straight up filename, rather than trying to reinterpret the already URLsanitized filename as characters...  so it "sanitises" the text and converts the % into a URL friendly "%25" (which is the URLfriendly version of %) rather than correctly interpreting %5D as "]"

I don't know if i explained it very well, but i'm sure you understand what i mean...

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 08:04:02 am »

yes, I named it in my above post 'resanitize'
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.