Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Language problems with Firefox & Opera  (Read 2853 times)

arnestad

• Coppermine novice
Language problems with Firefox & Opera
« on: March 28, 2007, 04:01:48 am »

Hi.
I've almost completed a new website and was about to launch when I tested the website for Firefox and Opera web browsers. I've used Norwegian language all the way and it functions well in IE6 (haven't tried out IE7 yet). However, when I tested with Firefox and Opera the menu of my CMG was suddenly in english and not in norwegian as I've programmed it for. This is evident on all pages within the gallery, it seems to me when I run the site in the Firefox and Opera browsers the CMG falls back on the english language setting.

Does anyone know a way around this problem, would be really glad to get some help with this!

arnestad

• Coppermine novice
Re: Language problems with Firefox & Opera
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 04:03:05 am »

The website is www.fotokunstner.no and the CMG is within www.fotokunstner.no/kunst/ folder.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Language problems with Firefox & Opera
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 08:13:29 am »

Works as expected for me - the gallery is being displayed in German for me both in FF2, IE6. You'll have to understand how languages work in Coppermine: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/custom_language.php
Subsequently, make sure that you have set your browser to norwegian as primary language.
If you want to use only norwegian and no other language, delete all languages but norwegian from the lang folder.

I noticed though that code is being injected into the HTML output, making your pages invalid. This is the code that gets injected at the top:
Code: [Select]
<head>
<style>
<!--
-->
</style>
</head>
even before the doctype declaration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.