Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modpack v3  (Read 6460 times)

Siberiantiger

• Coppermine regular visitor
Modpack v3
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:08:22 pm »

Hi!

I Just downloaded the latest availible modpack by Stramm and added it to my gallery (overwrite all files)

I ran the database upgrade and that went ok.

But there is no indication on the frontpage that i am using the modpack (it says: Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery). But when i login as administrator, i get all the fuctions from the modpack availible (it says: Gallery Configuration - Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10 modpack v1 (stable)

So i wanted to create square thumbs to already existing pictures (60x60 = default) and went to the administrator tools in coppermine and chosed

"Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1)
Only thumbnails (mini and regular)

Choosed an album to test it with and pressed Submit.

I got errors when recreating the thumbs

ERROR creating:$thumb
ERROR creating:$mini

and then i looked at the thumbs in my gallery i choosed, there was only a frame with an red x in it with the filename. When i clicked on the thumbnail, the larger picture came up ok.

So i tried doing the same pocedure one more time.. Then suddenly the thumbnails was created again.. but only "normal" ones.. not square..

So how can this problem be solved? I am using Image Magick and Coppermine 1.4.10

(this has worked for me in earlier versions of coppermine / modpack)

Link to the album i tested with (http://www.tjelle.info/redirect/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3&page=1) the thumbs are not gone now, but they are are not square as i wanted them..

Siberiantiger

Re: Modpack v3
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 11:59:42 am »

Hi!

I Just downloaded the latest availible modpack by Stramm and added it to my gallery (overwrite all files)

I ran the database upgrade and that went ok.

But there is no indication on the frontpage that i am using the modpack (it says: Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery). But when i login as administrator, i get all the fuctions from the modpack availible (it says: Gallery Configuration - Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10 modpack v1 (stable)

So i wanted to create square thumbs to already existing pictures (60x60 = default) and went to the administrator tools in coppermine and chosed

"Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1)
Only thumbnails (mini and regular)

Choosed an album to test it with and pressed Submit.

I got errors when recreating the thumbs

and then i looked at the thumbs in my gallery i choosed, there was only a frame with an red x in it with the filename. When i clicked on the thumbnail, the larger picture came up ok.

So i tried doing the same pocedure one more time.. Then suddenly the thumbnails was created again.. but only "normal" ones.. not square..

So how can this problem be solved? I am using Image Magick and Coppermine 1.4.10

(this has worked for me in earlier versions of coppermine / modpack)

Link to the album i tested with (http://www.tjelle.info/redirect/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3&page=1) the thumbs are not gone now, but they are are not square as i wanted them..

There is no way i can change the topic and i cannot change the signarture either.. both are wrong, so i hope writing the correct ones down here will do: The topic should say something like: Problems with install / use of Modpack v1

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 05:03:16 pm »

link doesn't work for me.

usually that's permission problems when trying to recreate existing files. Properly chmod files and (sub)folders of the albums dir
files 644 or 666, folders 755 or 777 (depending on your setup)

Siberiantiger

Re: Modpack v1
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:17:25 pm »

Thanks a lot for the answere :)

I just checked the folder permission on the albums, and all are 777

Then i checked the files and the permission is as follows:

original = 777
the rest (mini, normal and thumb) is 644

These files was created by the original Coppermine somtime ago..

So just for test, i chmodded all files in a test album from 644 to 777 and thied the same operation from admin tools again.

This time it was successfull in the first try, but i was not able to make square thums even though i had:

Enable Mini Thumbs  Yes   
Mini Thumb Width     60
Mini Thumb Height    60

What is the correct way to make quare thumbs, and will it crop the images?

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:25:44 pm »

777 not necessarily is the correct way to chmod the files in your environment. If you're unsure ask your host.
If you sometimes get

then that's pretty normal if it's movie files or files coppermine can't create thumbs for.
If you want cropped thumbs, then you do not have to enable the minithumbs but set 'exact' for 'Use dimension ( width or height or Max aspect for thumbnail )'

have a look at the modpack docs if you're not sure where to the enable features
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28367.msg131255#msg131255
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.