Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't delete pictures in user mode  (Read 3726 times)

velga

• Coppermine newbie
can't delete pictures in user mode
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:35:24 pm »

Hi! I was moved cpg a few months ago, that was worked fine before it without problems. It seems, everything is OK now on new server.
BUT: admin in user mode (and all users also) can not delete they own pictures (new or old uploads) or any of them, they can "Crop and Rotate ; Edit file information", but there's no delete function.
I was checked all the settings that was suggested in topics, support, faq, documents:
- Allow users to retain control over their pics in public galleries : is enabled in user settings
- The albums are public or it's users's personal
- Public albums upload ; Personal gallery : allowed in group settings (user is in that group)
- User can upload picture
- all the permissions are set correctly in album folder
- I was update it from 1.4.9 to 1.4.10 (hope to solve the problem)

what should I check?

???

You can try it:
http://foto.jugiter.net
test/test
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 08:03:11 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: can't delete pictures in user mode
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 08:12:01 am »

Confirming that the controls to delete files is missing (theme- and language-independant). Please post a screenshot of your config page (temporarily switch to english), showing the section that displays the "allow users to retain control" setting. Also use versioncheck.php to find out if the update went OK (I have run update.php once again for you). Turn notices_display off in Coppermine's config unless you're a coder and know what the notces actually mean.

velga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:08:13 am »

thx your quick answ!  :)
I turned notices off (turned on with debug mode hope this will help You)
The versioncheck.php sad everything is OK except : albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder! (I will copy it back manually, don't know, why its missing?) and anycontent.php is the older version (not overwritten with update - as docs described) but that can't be the problem (I think)
I was try to change to different language and other theme (before ask anything), there is also missing DELETE control. But I think there's no problem because with admin user /admin-mode I can delete, and everything is working, seems to be OK!!!!
If I set : Allow users to retain control over their pics in public galleries / NO then users can't edit or rotate they own pictures (any other) -thats normal... I set it back to: YES , and only the control of DELETE is missing. (just in USER-mode!)
Fallback to English if translated phrase not found? option in coppermine's config page is set to ON
notice: before update to 1.4.10 there was exactly the same problem!
Maybe I make something wrong when copy web site to an other server??? (with MySQL-base)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 06:12:09 pm »

OK, I found the answer (PEBKAC issue!): when manually trying to enter the URL http://foto.jugiter.net/delete.php?id=2822&what=picture (that would be used on a regular coppermine install to delete the test pic that I uploaded using the test user account you provided) I get this error message:
You don't have permission to perform this operation.

File: /var/www/web13/web/plugins/delete_control/codebase.php - Line: 59
This error message clearly shows that you have deliberately uploaded and installed a plugin that interferes with a users capabilities to delete pics they own. You probably have forgotten that you're using that particular plugin. Disable the plugin and everything should be back to normal. In the future, please think of any custom mods/hacks/plugins that you might have applied that the supporter simply can't be aware of before asking for help.

velga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 03:01:45 am »

wow.
thx!!!!
You find the way to solve that problem!
When I uninstalled this plugin, everything is work fine. I don't know, how it worked before cloned it to the new server...
Maybe I will look for the answer inside that plugin's code....(if I have time for it)
it seems I so stupid.... like my users are l-users   :(
Sorry about my terrible English! I only use it, never learned it. I so shamed to waste your time...
Thx again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.