Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pbs with new registered people  (Read 2009 times)

le_guy41

• Coppermine newbie
Pbs with new registered people
« on: March 04, 2004, 10:49:41 am »

Hello,
This web picture viewer is just what i was looking for. So a big thank u to the Coppermine team.

Ok, so I have installed the gallery on a localhost server to try it, so here is the version of my server :
APACHE 1.3.27
PHP 4.3.3
PHPMYADMIN 2.5.3
MYSQL 4.0.15

So i try to register as a new member, and i have a message just after cliching on the submit button : "Could not send an email" Is it because ur using the function "mail()" with PHP ? Do I have to download smthing to make it work ?

Even if i have this error message, the user is created but not active. So in the admin section I hve put this user active.
But here As i am logged as this new user I cant create any album, nor upload any pictures...
In fact i discovered that if i go to the MYSQL control panel no new user is present. So if i create this user to have rights on the gellery database, then when going back to the gallery the new user can upload and create albums... So what do I have to do ?

Thanks in advance

Guillaume from France

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Pbs with new registered people
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 07:09:40 pm »

coppermine uses the mailing functions taken from phpBB code - see the file /include/mailer.inc.php
It requires you to have your smtp server properly configured and running. Depending on your smtp server's settings, you may have to edit the first configuration lines in above mentioned file (but usually the defualt values should work).

Please do only post one question per thread.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.