Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Adsense tags to photo to increase relevance  (Read 3372 times)

foz

• Coppermine newbie
Adding Adsense tags to photo to increase relevance
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:08:35 pm »

Hi all :-)

I have read this thread:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=36932.0

concerning using adsense tags to increase the relevance of the ads served.  Since I seldom include captions with my pictures I am trying to figure where to place the tags in order to increase the relevance of the titles of my pictures (or maybe I should put the tags so as to increase the keywords associated with each file).

I have tried several different placements but have not seen any difference in my ad relevance (even after waiting 3 days after each change).  I suspect my ignorance of coding in general is hindering my efforts.  Can anyone offer some help in this area?

Thanks
Foz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Adding Adsense tags to photo to increase relevance
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:01:58 am »

I suspect my ignorance of coding in general is hindering my efforts.
No: your reluctance to create textual content (i.e. captions and descriptions) is the reason: the adsense code can only work if relevant keywords can be found on the page. If there is none, adsense can't display relevant ads.
Content rules. As far as search engines like google are concerned: textual content rules!
Adsense doesn't increase the relevance of your pages, it's the other way round.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.