Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Log in issues  (Read 4279 times)

mmeier

• Coppermine newbie
« on: March 20, 2007, 07:14:08 pm »

Our community, me included are having troubles logging into the gallery. Logging in seems to work, says welcome, then goes back to the main page, but not logged in

I have done many searches for fixes here at the support forums and we have tried all of them including
--deleting cookies, restarting (temporary fix, may have the same problem the next day)
--changing the location of cookies (admin.....didn't seem to make a difference)

I do not have the gallery bridged to the forum at this time.

I am running CPG 1.4.10(stable).

On a post GuaGua mentioned that he would possible try IE7 and WindowsXP to test issues......any luck??

Not sure what else to do.....any suggestions? I currently have two new members who have registered but they are still stuck not being able to successfully login even after deleting cookies, restarting, etc. Is there anything that you know of that I can do on my end to remedy this situation???

TIA
-Martha
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:11:31 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Log in issues
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 07:17:35 pm »

Post a link and test account for a start.

mmeier

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 07:41:28 pm »

Sorry for not doing this the first post

test login: testtest
password: test

although the test worked fine for me since I just deleted cookies and restarted earlier this AM.

http://www.scrappinmojo.com/gallery/index.php

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:30:48 am »

Works as expected for me. Make sure that silly pseudo-security software on your client (e.g. the notorious "Norton Internet Security" or similar crap) isn't interfering.

mmeier

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 06:28:25 pm »

How do I go about checking to see if Norton type program is interferring?

Again today having to delete cookies and restart twice to be able to login. I don't understand what might be causing this.  I know that is not just me as other member (though not all) have these same issues on my site as well as another site that uses CPG.

Any further suggestions would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Martha

mmeier

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 03:52:10 pm »

Today I am having continued issues. I am stuck in the loop. I cannot get logged in as admin or my login. I have deleted cookies, restarted, turned off Norton, not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions??

Chuy

• Coppermine newbie
  • Wii~
    • The Aahc
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 03:02:54 am »

Today I am having continued issues. I am stuck in the loop. I cannot get logged in as admin or my login. I have deleted cookies, restarted, turned off Norton, not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions??

I have a very similar problem with the gallery I help administrating. Members, random apparently, cannot log in. I read this thread and the problems member have are the exact same as in here. When I can't log in as an admin, I go to the cpanel, and notice one thing; the email field is blank. This is the problem that most of the users have. For some reason the email input field gets deleted, it appears as blank and thus users are not able to log in at all. Let me post some pictures to illustrate my point:

(http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8255/problemld1.jpg)

It is impossible for members to register without an email account, so the email in the picture above HAD to be deleted after registration. This particular member registered about 2 months ago and he continues to have this problem even after I assign an email address. (the one from the boards account)

It does help to check the "Remember me" box, but still the email gets deleted and I don't know why. This problem is becoming annoying since it appears to be happening more often now that the memberlist has reached nearly 1000 members.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 11:26:01 am »

You have a different issue from the one the original thread starter reported, so you shouldn't have tried to hijack this thread. Yours is a known issue that is related to installing coppermine using silly auto-installers like the cpanel app fantastico. Don't use fantastico, it is buggy and outdated. Frankly, it sucks imo. Only supported install method is the one we suggest in our documentation.

carlvt88

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 04:27:55 am »

Hope this helps - after two days I found this thread, and also banged on McAfee long enough to find a solution.

Problem: Grandma's computer can't log in - gets the 'browser doesn't accept script's cookies' message. Other computers can log in OK.

Using McAfee security center, I went to the
  Configure -> Security Center menu,
  Users tab, Advanced button.
From here, on the users menu, click Parental Controls.
Expand the Cookie Blocking section. From here, you can change cookie action to accept all or prompt.

Hope someone else finds this useful. I was surprised how buried this was. Now I have to put back all the protections I had disabled in IE7.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:11:18 am »

Again: not related. This is not the generic "I have login issues" thread. As suggested above, you shouldn't have tried to hijack this thread. To avoid this thread being cluttered even more with unrelated replies, I'm locking it. If you have issues, start a thread of your own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.