Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: confusion over user uploads?  (Read 2211 times)

forcer

• Coppermine newbie
confusion over user uploads?
« on: March 03, 2004, 07:45:55 pm »

i'm a little confused with the user uploads.

it says i have a category called user uplaods but it does not appear in the category list on the main page.

also when i switch to usermode it says
Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload pictures

so i go backt o admin mode n try to make a album inside the useruploads category, but ther is no category to choose saying user uploaded picture.

so how the hell am i supposed to do it? lol

any help appreciated

also in groups i have the "can upload pictures" thing to YES

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
confusion over user uploads?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 08:04:18 pm »

Users have to create their own albums, which will be in the 'user galleries' category.  You can also create your own album here, by choosing the '*My Gallery*' category.

For users to be able to upload to the albums you have made, you have to change the album properties, to allow 'visitors can upload'.

The user galleries category does not show any thumbnails on the front page, just the cat description and stats, and a link.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.