Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Batch add files X's instead of thumbnails  (Read 3190 times)

syeager

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch add files X's instead of thumbnails
« on: April 01, 2007, 11:35:23 pm »

Looks like I have similar problem.  I used Coppermine before without any problems.  But back then I was limiting it to small picture sizes.  Now I need to store picures with sizes 3072x2048 or perhaps more.  Setup was easy and everything works fine with small pictures.  But it won't import large pictures uploaded by FTP.  Getting same icon with red X and blank page if I click on it.  I changed both the file size and picture dimentions to 4k.  It didn't help, though.  My test install is at http://mad-russian.org/pix/  user test, pass test1.  I have some files uploaded and ready to import in ./albums/upload1.  all set to 777.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:11:07 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:31:37 am »

Split above posting from unrelated thread "Batch add files X's instead of thumbnails". In the thread that you replied to, the user had issues because he tried uploading a corrupt pic and fixed it by editing it on his desktop and re-uploading it. Your issue differs completely: if uploading smaller pics works fine and uploading larger pics fails, then you're running into server-sided restrictions and should review the sticky thread "Trouble-shooting the upload process" on this sub-board. Even better: don't upload large pics in the first place, but resize them on your client before uploading.

In the future, don't try to hijack unrelated threads. When in doubt, start a new thread. We try to keep this forum usefull for everyone with our strict "one issue per thread" policy.

syeager

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:58:46 am »

I looked at this "Troubleshooting Upload" thread and I couldn't understand 90% of what it says.  I get no error messages and no clue what is wrong.  Perhaps it's "Resource Limits" or something.  But I have no clue where to look for it.  And I can't change anything in the server config.

And as resizing goes, It won't work for me.  I need to post full size images.  I wanted to use Coppermine to organize them for easy viewing.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Re: Batch add files X's instead of thumbnails
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:08:37 am »

You need 18MB memory limit at least to upload 3072x2048 RGB picture
If you don't have access to php.ini then ask your host for support
They wont change php.ini setting on shared boxes AFAIK
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

syeager

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:38:40 pm »

Thanks.  I guess it won't work for me  :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:10:54 am »

Budget webhosting and hires-images don't work well together. Either resize your pics before uploading, subsequently hosting images that make sense for the internet (nobody needs hires images just for viewing, as they don't fit on the screen anway) with max resolutions of 1024x768.
Coppermine is capable to work with all kinds of resolutions, yet your limited webhosting account is not. You have to understand that it's server-sided restrictions that keep you from doing what you're up to. If you absolutely need hires images, you'll have to spend more money for webhosting, giving you more server-power.

Marking thread as "closed".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.