Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: accessing password protected album folder  (Read 2808 times)

Athlon(tm) eX

• Coppermine newbie
accessing password protected album folder
« on: March 03, 2004, 04:51:08 pm »

I've just installed watermark Hack ( by DJAxion tobic is here ) and it works perfect...

but in another hand every one can just type the picture url in the browser and have the picture unwatermarked... so I just make the album folder Username/Passowrd protected to deny this...

first I test the coppermine with password protected album folder, nothing wrong and every thing works perfect...

but when I tried to upload an image, an error accour since the album folder is protected...

coppermine could'nt upload the picture... so ImageMagick could'nt

is there any solution ??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 06:11:54 am »

You'll have to find out in what user context the webserver runs and allow it's access. This will require some advanced messing with .htaccess.
The other option is to have the pics stored outside of the webroot, but this requires even more in-depth knowledge - there are no general howtos/instructions for this, you'll have to adjust this for yourself...
This has been said very often when addressing the watermark hack and image protection: if you really don't want people to Steal" you pics, don't publish them on the internet. If you want them watermarked under all circumstances, do so locally on your client before uploading. There are some good programs that can batch-add watermarks on your client in no time. A nice side effect: this will consume less resources on your server...

GauGau

Athlon(tm) eX

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 07:47:59 am »

thanks gaugau for your reply...

I'll try to do this in another way

at this time is okay to have the album folder opened since few peoples know how to have the real url of pictures...

I'll try to make some php's with both hack and coppermine to make it harder to find the real url

but not this time... as i'm working with designing new theme for my gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.