Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Trouble with upload.php  (Read 2586 times)

natrlhy

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Trouble with upload.php
« on: March 16, 2007, 06:39:42 pm »

I have been having the same issue where after uploading a 1.2MB image I get the same blank page after clicking on Continue after a successful upload.

I have modified my php.ini settings (yes, these are all very hight but I wanted to rule out any resource issues)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 120   
memory_limit = 16M     

post_max_size = 8M
upload_max_filesize = 90M

In my Config I have always had "Method for resizing images" set to GD version 2.x.

I recently rebuilt my CentOS system and for some reason it seems like GD is chewing up all my system resources. Even after setting the memory_limit to 16M, i still get these types of errors:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9600 bytes) in /path/to/my/site/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262

When I change the "Method for resizing images" to use ImageMagick, I can upload just fine.

What else should I try to use GD as the preferred method for resizing pictures?  It seems like I'm missing something on my server but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 07:49:34 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 06:59:09 pm »

Apparently 16M is not enough, raise it further.

natrlhy

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 07:23:54 pm »

Nibbler,

I supposed this would be the next logical step. I'm just comparing an old OS installation that only had it set to 8M and it worked fine.

After googling around it seems that Image Magick is better suited to resizing images anyway.  I use to use Image Magick but switched to GD in my config a while ago based on something I read here in the forums.

What is the general consensus here? GD or Image Magick? ;)

I'm testing chagning the memory_limit = 32M and I'll see if that helps or not.

Thanks for the help!

natrlhy

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 07:42:38 pm »

Changing the memory_limit = 32M worked when using GD 2.x in the coppermine config.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.