Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preview image not showing  (Read 6274 times)

felo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Preview image not showing
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:08:08 am »

Hi =) I'm having a problem with previewing images
I tried searching the boards for a solution, but I couldn't find one, so I'm posting a new topic

after I upload my pictured via ftp, I login to my gallery, and go to Add files (Batch)... that works fine for now
but after selecting the album to extract the images from, the previews won't show up!

although, when clicking OK, the pictures do upload correctly (even though it does not show the "OK" image)
this is not a very serious problem, but it's really annoying not to have a preview of what you're uploading

it's really weird, since yesterday I was able to see the previews, and today I'm not
I did not edit anything on config, or any other file :( and I've already checked the "ok" image is uploaded... it is

See screencaps of what I'm saying below...
screencap 1 -> http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8827/nops0.jpg
screencap 2 -> http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2780/no2kk8.jpg

I'd appreciate some help (:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 08:01:16 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Preview image not showing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:59:40 pm »

Read the corresponding documentation section and do exactly as suggested there.

felo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:42:23 pm »

thanks, but it didn't solve my problem
I'm not doing anything that I shoudn't ._.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 09:42:28 pm »

This can be caused by whitespace after the ?> at the end of the php files. Check any files you have modified, the language file you use, and any plugins.

felo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:58:40 pm »

I've checked all the files... upload.php had a whitespace, I removed it but nothing happened
I haven't modified any file or installed plugins. Like I said before, it just stopped previewing images. I was able to preview them yesterday :(

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:29:34 pm »

Then do as GauGau suggested.

felo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 03:34:40 am »

but that's more like a ftp substitute =S... I can upload by ftp
you have no idea how to solve my problem?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 10:20:32 am »

Look, I told you to read the upload troubleshooting section and do exactly as suggested. You obviously failed to read it carefully. Re-read it, especially the section highlighted in red. For your ease of use, let me qoute the section I refered to, with the important part highlighted:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

felo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 10:37:46 am »

oh, I'm really sorry... =$
I just clicked on the link you kept giving me, and it took me to a completely different topic than what you just pasted

and well, I don't know why, after editing the Group configuration thing, I am now able to preview images before uploading ;D
THANKS A LOT ;)

felo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 11:29:08 am »

ok, now I'm having another problem
files over 500kb are not uploading correctly

1. doesn't show preview image
2. don't upload at all... when waiting for confirmation (aka OK, Failed, etc) just showing red cross

I did what you stated above, the Groups and the Debug thing
and also tried to upload via http, but I get this

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@nelly-furtado.us and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

that's weird, since I've changed my admin email a while ago
I don't know what's going on

http://www.n-furtado.com/gallery (you'll have to go to http://www.n-furtado.com/gallery/login.php )

user: test
password: 1234
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:22:15 pm by felo »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 08:00:53 pm »

ok, now I'm having another problem
We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Do so in the future.

files over 500kb are not uploading correctly
You're running into server-sided restrictions that are being discussed in the sticky thread "Trouble-shooting the upload process." on this very sub-board. Read it carefully.

Internal Server Error
An internal server is what the name suggests: something is wrong on your server. Read up the webserver logs for details.

that's weird, since I've changed my admin email a while ago
This is a matter of webserver setup, not related to coppermine. Therefor, the admin email address specified in coppermine's config isn't being taken into account for this error message, but the email address your webserver admin has set up. Ask whoever is in charge of webserver administration for details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.