Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload - 404 Can't read that file  (Read 2508 times)

Manchester

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Upload - 404 Can't read that file
« on: March 15, 2007, 08:00:29 pm »

Hi all, well firstly I must say hello as it's my first post here. And lads I love this script, proper smart :)

Right, back to the question. I can upload files using the web based function. But can only upload 5 at a time that way. Due to that I tried to use the Batch Upload feaure. I uploaded my pictures via FTP, went to add them and against each picture it just says "404 CANT READ THAT FILE"

Any idea what causes this error message?

File names are not too long, I'm not trying to upload too many at a time and the files sizes aren't too big.

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:03:36 am by GauGau »

Manchester

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch Upload - 404 Can't read that file
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 08:08:39 pm »

EDIT:

Fixed it myself.

I had persmissions set to 7777 instead of 777 doh!!!!!!!!

Manchester

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:34:27 pm »

Another question though. I've just uploaded a load of pictures using batch upload. BUT, I called the folder "Uploads" thinking that when uploaded it would have moved the pictures to another folder.

So the next time I've done it, I've created a folder with the persons name instead.

Question is, can I rename the "Uploads" folder to what I want and still keep the photos linked to the folder? Or in reality do I need to delete the pictures and start again?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 08:03:25 am »

Just leave things as they are, the folder name doesn't really matter imo. Respect the "one issue per thread" policy in the future (you agreed to respect it when signing up). Marking thread as "solved" and locking it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.