Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YabbSe Session Check Failure  (Read 2623 times)

imajedi

• Coppermine newbie
YabbSe Session Check Failure
« on: March 03, 2004, 07:17:43 pm »

OK I know this topic has been beat to death but from everything I've read I seem to have a unique situation.  I installed yabbse 1.5.5 and everything is working fine.  I installed coppermine 1.2.1 and integrated it with Yabb and everything is working fine except now I can't logout from either Yabb or Coppermine.  I always get the Session Check failure error.  I have read many many posts and this should be fixed according to the posts.  Plus I don't understand why installing Coppermine would break my Yabb logout button.  Can someone please please help.  I've read every post I can find about this topic and can't figure it out.  I'm assuming I can turn off session check in the SSI.php file but I don't think this should be necessary according to what I've read.  Help Please!!!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
YabbSe Session Check Failure
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 06:22:23 am »

The YaBB SE team has worked hard to make YaBB SE even more secure - this means that other apps aren't meant to fiddle with YaBB SE properties, that's why session checking is there and that's why other apps (and coppermine is one of them) are not supposed to log the user out.
Untill someone finds an actual hack, I suggest you modify the coppermine logout to just redirect to your forum, where the user has to click on the YaBB SE logout button to really "leave". The other option: disable the logout button in coppermine completely - users usually don't wish to logout at all, they just leave your site once they're done, so the logout button is basically needed for the admin to be able to login as someone else (this is of course nasty for people who share one computer with other people).

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.