Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add files - failure to add 'portrait' photos  (Read 2311 times)

ksala

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add files - failure to add 'portrait' photos
« on: March 13, 2007, 06:47:13 pm »

I am about to abandon this lovely product since I have been trying unsuccessfully to create albums containing ALL of the photos I have uploaded - this is a last resort request for help.

I upload via ftp a bunch of jpeg photos into four different folders on my server.  Everything is fine.  I log onto Photo Gallery (1.4) as admin and run 'batch add files'.  Everything goes perfectly EXCEPT for those photos in the collections which are portrait orientation.  The landscape photos (at 3072 x 2048 pixels) work perfectly, normal and thumbnails are created, and these appear in the finished album.  However, one never sees a thumbnail appear for the portrait photos (2048 x 3072 pixels), and when you click on "Insert selected files", everything proceeds but you get no icon or error message, just a cross, and the photos never get posted.  No normal or thumbnails get produced.  Frustrating.
I have raised the limits in the config for file size and for max dimension but this has no effect.  There is no auto-rotation or the like going on since the photos are being directly uploaded (problem free) by ftp.  The landscape orientated photos work perfectly when you go through all the 'batch add files' steps but NOT for photos of the same dimensions in portrait orientation.

In a related question, how do you determine or know what limits my server may be placing on the file size of photos or on max dimension?  I host with NetFirms.  How would my server even know what is being uploaded?  It is 'just' another large file, no?   It seems to me that with 8 and 10 megapixel cameras appearing, the limitations of 1024 or 2048 KB and small max dimension don't work for me.  One feature I really need is to allow my 'guest' to download the FULL high resolution photos from the gallery if they wish (and not be bugging me by email) and these can easily exceed 4096 max dimension and 2 or more MB file sizes.
Ken Sala

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch add files - failure to add 'portrait' photos
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 07:03:44 am »

how do you determine or know what limits my server may be placing on the file size of photos or on max dimension?
See sticky thread that I refered to above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.