Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation Frustration!!  (Read 3746 times)

systemlord

• Coppermine newbie
Installation Frustration!!
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:58:10 pm »

Ok, as it seems to me installing this program doesn't look that hard.

The Configuration Go's:
Windows 2003 Server
PHP 5.0
mySQL 4.x

Now SQL is enabled because I made sure of it with phpinfo plus I can administer the SQL database without issues with phpmyadmin, so i though no issues there.

Unzip all the files from the coppermine zip too my directory I want it in on my wwwroot. (This is assuming ImageMagick is install already on the server)

Give writing permissions to albums and include folders as stated in readme.

Direct my browser to http://myserver/coppermine/install.php again stated in readme. (filling in the actual link to my windows server)

All is working!! So I fill in the install file with all the correct info.

After all the info is inserted into the form hit the let's go button, but all the form does is just reload, no errors and no database creation nothing!! I've search so much on people with the same/simular issues but I can find anything at all.....

What im thinking is that its something with my php configuration because when I try to install phpBB the same way it does the same thing, I just dont know what, as im new to php and trying to learn it myself.

Thanks in advanced for any feedback.

Brett

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Installation Frustration!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 06:08:34 am »

Downgrade your PHP version! PHP 5 is still in beta/rc status and not meant for use on productive sites, nor is it meant to be used by newbies (as no mainstream php app actually uses code that can only be used with php5, php5/zend is only meant for developers). You're suggested to use the most recent stable version of PHP (currently 4.3.7 afaik). Apparently you've come to the wrong place to look for help - this forum doesn't deal with webserver setup; only issues related to coppermine are meant to be discussed here. Coppermine assumes you already have a webserver that is already properly configured. The first place to go on PHP-related issues is http://www.php.net/

GauGau

systemlord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 06:41:24 am »

Great thanks, never thought of doing that. Just assumed that 5.0 was stable.

But thanks anyway sorry about the post of your board but I just assumed someone here would of came across the issue.

All the best,

Brett

kib

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 07:00:20 pm »

i thought i might give a word of advise

it seems that you haven't included mysql support in your php
under php4 this is build in (under windows that is)

under php4 just uncomment the line
extension=php_mysql.dll

also after you do that run a phpinfo script
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

and check to see if mysql is loaded (just search the page for the word mysql)
if in doubt contact me through the forum and i'll look over your php ini.

By the way i am running :
Windows Server 2003
Apache 2.0.48
PHP 5.0.0 final [just upgraded yesterday and fixed the 1.2 CPG searchnew bug :) ]
MySQL 3.23.27

over the next two weeks i am planning on upgrading to
Apache 2.0.50
MySQL 4.0.20d

Not because i need to but because of professional interest as my work as an sys admin.
Just call em crazy but i like to fix bugs and find solutions to problems that occur before others do =)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 07:23:36 am »

I just realized that PHP5 has been released as production/stable, and there have been some tests by Tarique. So far, I can't see a reason why coppermine should not run with php5. While you're upgrading everything on your server to the most recent versions, I suggest you upgrade your coppermine install as well ;)

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.