Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 500 Internal Server Error  (Read 3975 times)

SpookyDan

• Coppermine novice
500 Internal Server Error
« on: March 09, 2007, 02:47:37 pm »

I have all of the sudden been getting an error "500 Internal Server Error".  It happens randomly… sometimes I can hit refresh and it will go away instantly but sometimes the error remains for a few minutes.  At first I thought maybe it was a server problem but it is happening on 2 of my websites which are on separate servers.

www.urbanatrophy.com Coppermine 1.4.10 (Coppermine & Vbulletin)
www.danhaga.com Coppermine 1.4.9 (Coppermine only)

I didn't modify any files, it just started happening out of nowhere.  Until now the sites had been working flawless for over a year.

These sites are both relatively low traffic sites and I don’t allow registrations so there are no users.

Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

nickfzx

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: 500 Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:30:29 pm »

it is not happening to me on either of those sites.

internal server errors have nothing to do with coppermine.

the only thing i can think of is perhaps your php.ini file has slightly too little memory allocated to php applications.

try increasing this.

but not really a coppermine issue...epecially as you said you diddn't touch any of the files.

Speak to your webhost.

SpookyDan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 04:36:36 pm »

the only thing i can think of is perhaps your php.ini file has slightly too little memory allocated to php applications.

Is this something I can do or do I need to ask my host to do this?

nickfzx

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 04:38:09 pm »

if you can't figure it out ask your host

if you are using apache server then the php.ini file is usually in a folder called "etc" at the root of your ftp server.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 07:07:13 pm »

An "internal server error" is exactly what the name suggests: the server unexpectedly halts the script with an error message. This may be related to PHP-configuration, but can be related to many other things as well. The only option you have to fix this is looking into othe webserver logs (not the coppermine logs). Usually, you can't view the logs (but your webhost can), so basically you can't do anything else but ask your webhost for support. In the first place, they will probably tell you that they can't provide support for a pre-made third-party script like coppermine, so you'll have to file a detailed support request - ask them to take a look at the webserver log. Ask them what made the server crash.  Most often, it depends on how nicely you ask your webhost and in what mood the support techie is. You'll have to make sure that they understand that you have done everything you could to solve the issue on your own. Provide as many relevant details  as possible.

HTH

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.