Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files  (Read 2920 times)

scott8539

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wildrapid.com

Is it possible to have a Default gallery set for a registerd member? 

I have read the user manual and this support forum and banged head for many hours.  The end result of what I would like is that a new member can upload a file into their User Gallery without having to first create a gallery.

Right now, the upload process for a registered member is:
-- Login
-- Click "Upload File"
-- Get error message Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files
-- Click on "Create / Order My Albums"
-- Create an album
-- Repeat the upload process

What I would like is to eliminate the "Create / Order My Albums" step.  I would like there to be a default album for each user.  That is, when the user logs in and clicks Upload File, they will already have a "Default" album in which their files will go (they could create personal albums as well...but there would be one already).

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10 (stable)
phpBB 2.0.21.

btw, the installation, configuration, and bridge setup went flawlessly!

http://www.wildrapid.com

scott8539

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wildrapid.com
Re: Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 03:23:51 pm »

This is the Coppermine Gallery Support Forum isn't it?  Did I post this in the appropriate place?  Can a mod/admin/developer/anyone please provide some guidance? It's been 2 days since my initial post.

Thanks in advance!

-Scott

http://www.wildrapid.com

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 03:50:43 pm »

This is indeed the support board for coppermine. However, it is done entirely by volunteers who do it in their spare time. They are not paid to do it so please keep in mind that you will have to count a few days (meaning , more then 2) before someone gets around to answering your question.
Posting that it already has been 2 days since your innitial post does not help, looks a lot like pushing and that's not appreciated much around here.

I don't know the answer to your question but maybe someone else does. I assume you did search before posting so someone else can perhaps answer this for you.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 03:59:12 pm »

There is a thread with code to create an album automatically when a user registers but it will need modifications to work with a bridge.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

scott8539

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wildrapid.com
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:49:44 pm »

I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers!  I appreciate the answers.

I don't have any problem digging into the code and making the hacks myself.  I just wanted to avoid any customizations if possible so that I can still upgrade without having to worry about customizations.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.