Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: how to upload without logging in  (Read 2662 times)

lee7997

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: how to upload without logging in
« on: April 03, 2004, 12:27:38 pm »

Hi,

I want to run coppermine 1.2.1 on my World War 2 site, while I want to access the admin area with a username and password I do not want users to have to register with a username and password.

Although I have an invision board forum I dont want to integrate the two of them.

Can this be done, or should I say is there a simple way of doing it?  I dont see any options for disabling the need to log in as there is on the menalto gallery I currently use.

Thanks for any help

Lee

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 12:56:41 pm »

Hi,

Simply make all albums visible to all (this is default), and change the 'visitors can upload' setting to yes (this is not default, so you will have to change it for every album).
Then, in the 'groups' admin page, give the 'anonymous' group the permissions you want, i.e., post comments, vote, upload etc.
It is advised, if you allow anonymous uploads, that you leave the 'admin approval' on for this group.  You then can prevent any inappropriate pics going on the site.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Mihai

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 02:31:46 pm »

Quote from: "casper"
Simply make all albums visible to all (this is default), and change the 'visitors can upload' setting to yes (this is not default, so you will have to change it for every album).

Can you tell me please where can I set permissions on each album?

//Solved :)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 03:05:24 pm »

Yes,

when in admin mode, you should see 3 boxes next to the album thumbnail, 'delete', 'properties', and 'edit pics'.
Just click on the properties button, and do it there.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

lee7997

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 03:29:09 am »

Thanks for that casper, must have looked too hard for the settings to not have seen them  :oops:

Board is working perfectly.

Cheers  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.