Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Include/Makers?  (Read 3592 times)

Anna Immortality

• Coppermine newbie
Include/Makers?
« on: March 06, 2007, 11:23:21 pm »

Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if I should put this here or the "uploading" section but the main problem is with permissions so...

I just recently switched servers and it's been a HUGE hassle. It took forever (much longer than it should have) to get the database moved over. Now that it's moved over the gallery is working fine, except why I try to batch add files. When I try, it doesn't list any files and tells me the albums folder is empty, even though it's definitely not. SO I checked around the gallery and decided to see if I had all the most up-to-date files. The only one I'm missing or having trouble with is "include/makers" which at least sounds like it might have something to do with my problem. Anyway, the information tells me to go through and use chmod to change the permissions on that folder, but my new server is Windows based and chmod doesn't work for that. Instead I have to go through and find the exact file or folder to change it. Where would this file be in all the gallery folders? I tried to search for it, but no luck.

Also, is this causing my batch add problems or do I just have two things wrong? What's the deal with the batch adding?

Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 07:12:35 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Include/Makers?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:27:13 pm »

That's probably unrelated. If you are on windows make sure you turn browsable batch add off on the batch add page.

Anna Immortality

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:51:03 pm »

See, goes to show how much I know! I'll try that. Do I need to worry about finding the include/makers file? If it makes a difference, I also tried uploading some pictures through the "upload" form (five at a time) and that wouldn't work either. It said they were all "impossible to move".

Thanks again!

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:02:01 am »

Then you need to check folder permissions. Refer to the manual and so as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section when posting for upload support.

Makers is camera makers, it is for reading extra data from photographs.

Anna Immortality

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 12:37:21 am »

All of the permissions are set properly, at least for the files I'm aware need to have the permissions changed. All the album folders, all the images in the different album folders, the edit folder. I changed some settings and now it will let me upload using the file upload system (not batch add). But the response I get after placing it is "You have placed 0 files. The file was placed successfully. This file could not be placed." Which seems pretty contradictory... The album folders still aren't visible on batch add, and I triple checked all the permissions.

Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious :( I went through the manual and the FAQ but I couldn't find what I was looking for (doesn't mean I was looking in the right places though).

Should I post these questions in the Upload folder instead?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 12:47:14 am »

Make a new thread in upload support following instructions at http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.