Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Break Line Missing Between Some Categories  (Read 4207 times)

sparkleplenty82

• Coppermine newbie
Break Line Missing Between Some Categories
« on: March 07, 2009, 02:54:33 am »

Hello,

I've tried doing a search for this, but it was difficult to come up with good search terms to the problem.  I'm currently working on installing a new gallery on a new site I'm doing.  I've worked with the script before, so it's not new to me, however I've never encountered this problem before.

While working on a custom theme, I noticed that some of the lines between each category name weren't showing.  I thought perhaps maybe I had made some forum of mistake in my theme, so I changed the theme back to the default one to check, and it's still happening.  I can't find any pattern, or for the life of me figure out why it's happening.  The best example to see this would be located in this category: http://rickman-fans.net/gallery/index.php?cat=5

The lines I'm referring to are the white lines appearing under each category.  The first "missing" line appears between the categories "Blow Dry" and "Bob Roberts".  There are also some more missing lines further down the page, and there are missing lines randomly through out other categories.

Is there any way to resolve this?  Perhaps I'm stunned, lol, but I can't seem to think of why this is happening.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sparkleplenty82

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Break Line Missing Between Some Categories
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 02:57:57 am »

Future investigation, the missing lines appear to happen with Firefox.  I've just checked with Internet Explorer and all seems fine.

sparkleplenty82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 09:04:10 am »

Tried working with this again today, still couldn't figure out the problem.  I asked my friend to view the gallery with Firefox and they see the lines fine.  I tried logging out and viewing the gallery as a guest to see if it had something to do with being logged in, but some lines still are missing, but there's different ones missing depending on if I'm logged in or not. :/  I'm guessing this is probably just a personal issue since my friend was able to see the lines fine, but any ideas/help would still be appreciated.  Posting a screencap since possibly you're not seeing what I see.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 12:02:01 pm »

Posting a screencap since possibly you're not seeing what I see.
Posting a screenshot is nonsense when asking for support on webdesign issues. As per board rules, you always need to post a link. Anyway, taken from your screenshot, here's the link to the page you're refering: http://rickman-fans.net/gallery/index.php?cat=5
Shows up exactly as in your screenshot for me. The CSS class catrow_noalb is the one that you need to edit. The thin white lines are intended - they are a feature of that theme.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 12:37:35 pm »

and upgrade to 1.4.21

sparkleplenty82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 06:33:08 pm »

Posting a screenshot is nonsense when asking for support on webdesign issues. As per board rules, you always need to post a link. Anyway, taken from your screenshot, here's the link to the page you're refering: http://rickman-fans.net/gallery/index.php?cat=5
Shows up exactly as in your screenshot for me. The CSS class catrow_noalb is the one that you need to edit. The thin white lines are intended - they are a feature of that theme.

I posted a link in original post...as stated with the screenshot post, I added the screenshot in case people weren't seeing the same thing from the link posted.

And I have updated to the latest version, but as I'm using the modpack by stramm, waiting for his update. 

Editing the catrow_noalb just made the entire background the same color as the lines.  I want the lines, which is why I'm trying to figure out why some are missing and some are not, and that it changes depending on if I'm logged in, or just viewing the board as a guest.

sparkleplenty82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 06:59:28 pm »

Updated modpack to current version.

I tried playing around with the padding-top and padding-bottom on catrow_noalb and that would make some of the missing lines appear, but then make other lines disappear, if that helps any at all.

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 07:23:18 pm »

I can replicate your issue if I use the 'zoom out' feature so I think it may be font related. Try changing the default font and size in Firefox's preferences page.

sparkleplenty82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 12:54:08 am »

Tried changing the font and it's size via Firefox, still no good.  If I Zoom In it fixes the problem, but I was hoping for some sort of code fix.  Is there any other classes in the CSS that would affect the rows spacing and such that I could try playing around with?

sparkleplenty82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 01:00:10 am »

Hmm, I went under the Zoom options with Firefox and hit "reset" and it seems to be working now, lol. Weird, but thanks for the help with this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.