Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error (one of the reasons)  (Read 2093 times)

djarnis

• Coppermine newbie
    • Jole's Place
Fatal error (one of the reasons)
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:01:16 pm »

This entry is mostly ment for people who run in to the same problem.

Today when I looked at my gallery, I saw nothing but the "Fatal error: " mesasge. I haven't made any changes within the last few days, so I actually feared that I had been hacked, however the problem was not even close to that.

It seemed that the table "cpg_sessions" had crashed and a repair was all that was needed to get the gallery up'n'running again.

Maybe there should be added some extra info to the "Fatal error:", so it clearly says that it's because a table has crashed?

I know there are other reasons that can trigger the message, but afaik then it should be possible to catch the above one. On the other hand, then I have no idea how the table got crashed in the first place or how you can force a crash to debug it :(.

/dj

Nibbler

Re: Fatal error (one of the reasons)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:06:39 pm »

Database error messages are not shown to website visitors for security reasons. There are instructions on how to get the detailed message and how to repair a crashed table available on this site. The most common cause for the tables to become corrupted is the MySQL server shutting down or restarting unexpectedly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.