Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynamic text watermark?  (Read 3911 times)

fuzzyworld3

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fuzzy World 3
Dynamic text watermark?
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:55:59 am »

Howdy, I'm completely new and green to Coppermine, though I think it will work nicely to replace my current photo album (all HTML coded).  I'm also several shades off of green to php, as I've been messing around with a phpBB for about a year.

Anyways, I went nosing around for a good image resizer (found, I think) and a watermarker, but I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm looking for something that can append text on a colored background (from, for example, a custom field or three) to the photo, such as what is done on this site:
www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=80070 (sorry about the ads)

Did I overlook something, or I am in uncharted territory here?
-

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Dynamic text watermark?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:29:46 pm »

Since you are new i welcome you to the support board of CPG. One quick tip is to always search the board before posting a question that might have already been answered before.

Click on this link to find several threads about with Watermarking images.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=search2;search=watermark

Hein

fuzzyworld3

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fuzzy World 3
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:30:47 pm »

Thanks, Hein.  I did go searching for stuff, but didn't realize till I looked again today that there is a time limit feature available on the search function, which helps weed out a lot of the outdated stuff...  ::)  So that's going to help in my searching.

I searched on "dynamic text watermark" prior to my earlier post, and nothing was returned.  "watermark text", meanwhile, brings up a bunch of topics, so I'll be digging through those. ;D  I've already found one topic that discusses doing automatically what I'm already doing manually, so that's a start at least!

What I really want to do, though is this: add a solid-color bar to the bottom of the picture, and put the uploader's name in said bar in text, and possibly a couple of the custom fields as well.  (Hence, "dynamic".)  Are there any other terms I should be searching on, that there's some kind of term for this other than watermark, that will help me more closely find what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
-

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:49:12 am »

Such a mod doesn't exist yet afaik, but it should be pretty easy to come up with one, presuming that you have GD with FreeType support. Just choose one of the watermarking mods that you prefer and replace the code section where the watermarking image is being merged with the "real" image with some code that adds the text.
A mod such as the one you request has been on my agenda for ages. Yet I didn't have the time to come up with it yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.