Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please confirm possible bug  (Read 4087 times)

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
Please confirm possible bug
« on: March 04, 2007, 02:54:12 pm »

1.4.10 with actual modpack, german language.

Possible bug:
Impossible to modify album rights when album password is set.

1. Create an album.
2. Go to settings of the album, don't change group rights but set a password for this album. Save your settings.
3. Now set album rights to anything else than 'public album', e. g. 'Just me'. Save your settings.
4. Set album rights back to 'everyone - public album'. Save your settings.
5. Read the message: 'No update required'. It's simply impossible to change the rights back to 'everyone'.
6. Delete password for album. Now it works as expected.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 05:09:08 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Please confirm possible bug
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 04:57:48 pm »

This is not a bug, it is expected behaviour as stated in the documentation.

Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

knopper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:44:45 pm »

I have the same problem, when i create / change or delete setted password for "only me". It shows always 'No update required' ?!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:46:33 pm by GauGau »

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:34:13 pm »

As already said above, this is not a bug and not related to the modpack. Also the solution to your problem is posted above. Alternatively you could read the docs too.

Album Password: you can specify an album to be password-protected (instead of relying on the "regular" group-based permissions). This way, you can even allow access for unlogged users (guests) who you provide the password to. Use this option, for example, to set up an album for your family members only by specifying a password that only they can come up with answering an additional password hint (e.g. "What was the maiden name of aunt Emma?"), or you could decide to send the particular password to specific friends, family or business associates by email. The optional password hint will be displayed at the password prompt, when set.

Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#album_prop

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 03:46:07 pm »

Locking. The next moron who shouts "bug" on an existing thread that even explains things will receive an instant ban without further notification.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.