Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: allowed memory is the same of Out of memory ???  (Read 2222 times)

Brenditita

• Coppermine newbie
allowed memory is the same of Out of memory ???
« on: March 01, 2007, 11:57:33 pm »

My error message is this:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 74711040) (tried to allocate 24576 bytes) in /var/www/html/include/picmgmt.inc.php

What do I have to do?
I don't have that php.ini  file.... or I just don't know where it is :/ .......

Another thing, is the same 'Allowed memory size of XXXXXXX bytes exhausted at (null)' that 'Out of memory'??

Someone who wants to help me out with this?

I'm trying to upload ultra hi-res pictures, I know that's the problem... but I can't find php.ini.... where it is? I'm the admin but..... ok I'm so n00b <_<
Thanks in advance!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: allowed memory is the same of Out of memory ???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:48:37 am »

Error Message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXXXXXX bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate XXXX bytes) in /var/www/html/include/picmgmt.inc.php

Meaning:  You have exceeded the memory allotment given to you in php.ini

Possible causes:

This error occurs when using GD and attempting to upload a high resoltuion image.  It's not the size of the file that matters here; it's the number of pixels that determine memory use in GD. 

Solutions:

Alternative 1 (ideal):Increase the memory limit allocation in php.ini. You must be the server's administrator to do this.

[...]

If you are unable to change php.ini settings yourself, you can always ask your server administrator to change this for you.  However, many administrators will be reluctant to do so, as this setting will affect everyone on a shared server.  A higher memory limit requires reducing the number of people who can be hosted on the same server in order to maintain server stability. This reduces profitability, etc.

If you cannot change php.ini, you should read alternatives 2 and 3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.