Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Videos crash FireFox and don't work in IE, is it me?  (Read 2238 times)

ashelby

• Coppermine novice
    • ArmedForcesPhotos.com
Videos crash FireFox and don't work in IE, is it me?
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:36:10 am »

I am running into a bit of trouble with the videos and I am leaning towards it being an issue on my end, but not sure.  I definately need answers as the site I am running is video centric and I'm not even going to allow pictures. 

Firefox crashes on MPG and MPEG files, only plays sound for some AVI's and both vid and audio for other AVI's.  I know codec's for AVI's can be different which leads me to think my end, maybe.  WMV's work fine, Flash works fine after installing the plugin for Firefox.

Neither Avant nor IE 7 will show any MPG, MPEG, AVI's or even WMV files.  Only Flash and YouTube, both are Flash based (I know).

Not sure of other browsers.

I have the most recent K-Lite codec pack installed, which should cover the videos I am uploading as they are fairly old, about 6 months +.

I have modded my scripts from nibblers post (this thread ) with YOUTUBE videos and they work fine, and even show the thumbnail with no problem.

The CSS is badly displayed in firefox as well, I have modded it a bit to fit my main page and looks good in IE, but you will need to scroll down to see the videos on the CPG page located here in Firefox. 

Does anyone know how I could get the MPG, MPEG, and AVI file types working properly in all (or at least most, heck any) browsers?

Could someone test my videos on their system and give me feedback, I tried them on three different computers in my home with the same results, granted they are all win xp with the same browsers.  :-\

Thank you, 

Aric
http://www.video-tutorials.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Videos crash FireFox and don't work in IE, is it me?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 08:03:47 am »

Videos display fine for me using Firefox (I tried http://video-tutorials.com/cmine/displayimage.php?pos=-11). Must be something on your end.

ashelby

• Coppermine novice
    • ArmedForcesPhotos.com
Re: Videos crash FireFox and don't work in IE, is it me?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 05:40:08 pm »

Thanks, I'll keep trying to fix my puter!  I deleted all the videos and will be adding more all day.

Thanks again,

Aric
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.