Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping off users' rights :)  (Read 2276 times)

zugu

• Coppermine newbie
Ripping off users' rights :)
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:22:24 pm »

I installed Coppermine, but due to some bridging with phpBB errors I changed my mind about something: I now want a gallery where there's only one admin and the users have only viewing rights; no upload for the visitors, no need for them to have accounts; free viewing for anyone.

So, what settings should I use? Is there any way to hide all the "login" and "upload" links from the users?

Also, how do I get rid of the "random images" feature on the album pages? I have some albums with only a few images, and it's confusing for the users to see the same pictures both in the album and in the random section.

Cheers and thank you for a great piece of software.

Nibbler

Re: Ripping off users' rights :)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 09:13:00 pm »

People will only see what they have the rights to use. Take away upload rights using the groups page and the upload link is not displayed. Disable registration to remove the register link. To remove the login link requires you to modify your theme or use a plugin. To remove the random meta album RTFM.

One question per thread please.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.