Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery full of red x's  (Read 20954 times)

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
Gallery full of red x's
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:04:10 pm »

I have cpg 1.4.8 and was having SQL issues which are now resolved. Now, my gallery is showing up but the picture files almost all have a red x and the file name.   Here is a link to my gallery:

http://www.cutabovescrappin.com/galleryphotos/

I have read the FAQ's, searched the forum and called my webhost.  I have downloaded cpg 1.4.10 but have not yet installed it because I was trying to figure out how to backup my files first.  In the meantime, the pictures seems to have disappeared.

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeanne

Nibbler

Re: Gallery full of red x's
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 06:37:41 pm »

The files are missing. See if you can find them via FTP.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 06:50:19 pm »

Thanks for your response.  I checked in albums/userpics and there are no photos there...they seem to have disappeared.  Does this have anything to do with the fact that I have not yet upgraded to v. 1.4.10?  Should I go ahead and upgrade?  I would like to back up what settings/info I have so far even though the pics are gone. 

Have downloaded phpMyAdmin but am not clear on how/where to install it. Sorry for all the newbie questions, I am learning as I go along.

Thanks again,
Jeanne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:32:12 am »

You don't need phpMyAdmin to check for missing files - phpMyAdmin is a tool to browse and manipulate the content of your database, it is not being used to check for files. Restore your missing files from a backup (if you have one). Upgrading to the most recent version of coppermine (currently cpg1.4.10) is absolutely mandatory no matter what.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 11:22:38 pm »

I can't seem to find the picture files anywhere in the files.  How can I at least save the current registered user information so that when I upgrade it is not lost?  I am planning on a complete uninstall and reinstall because I tried to do the upgrade and my gallery is still now working.  Please advise.

Thanks again,
Jeanne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 07:37:30 am »

If your uploaded pics are missing, upgrading won't help nor cure anything. They won't come back. The missing pics issue is not a coppermine related problem, but a pilot error or something your webhost may be able to help you figure out. Re-Installing is not a bright idea at all. Do as suggested: contact your webhost, ask them for help to retrieve the missing files. If they are able to restore them, fine.
If you can't restore your files, but want to preserve your users, then upgrade and then empty the database table "yourCopperminePrefix_pictures" using a tool like phpMyAdmin.

In any case, upgrading is mandatory no matter what.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 08:31:33 am »

I have upgraded and done the version check.  I will ask my webhost with help in finding the files.  Thank you for the info on preserving the database just in case for future need. 

How can I make sure that I did the upgrade correctly?  I am not proficient at all this but I did read and follow the instructions given for the upgrade.  I was not, however, able to figure out how to back up/dump the files before I did the upgrade.

Thanks!
Jeanne :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 08:45:13 am »

Well, if the files where missing before the upgrade attempt, you could of course not perform the step. What could I say? If versioncheck says that the upgrade worked as expected, then this should be all you need to do to make sure that you have upgraded properly.
After all, your gallery appears to contain <100 pics, so it should be pretty easy to get them back from your local copies.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 09:01:51 am »

Thanks, GauGau.  I am not too concerned with the loss of the pics as they are easily re-uploaded.  My main concern was making sure that I did the upgrade correctly without losing the currently registered users.  I guess in that regard, all is well. 

One more quick question, although I don't know if this is the correct place or not. In my user galleries section, only 8 user galleries show up even though I know there are more than that.  I have been searching and searching for another post with this same issue and how to get all the user galleries to show up but to no avail.  Should I post this question as a new post on another thread? 

Much appreciation for all your support.
Jeanne :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 09:13:57 am »

Post a screenshot of your versioncheck page. The issue you report should be fixed if you have fully upgraded.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 09:51:13 am »

Ok, not sure if this is what you meant but I tried to do the print screen and paste it here and that did not work.  So, instead I just copied and pasted the notices at the bottom of the page after the versioncheck.  Is this what you were asking for?  The mandatory file that is missing is:
albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!

Thanks in advance!
Jeanne

Summary
Total files/folders checked:  243 
Mandatory files missing:  1 
Optional files missing:  0 
Files left over from outdated Coppermine version:  116 
Outdated file versions:  0 

Notices
/versioncheck.php
Notice line 28: Undefined index: optional_files
Notice line 29: Undefined index: mandatory_files
Notice line 30: Undefined index: file_versions
Notice line 31: Undefined index: webcvs
Notice line 32: Undefined index: errors_only
Notice line 33: Undefined index: webroot
Notice line 34: Undefined index: online
Notice line 35: Undefined index: additional_info
Notice line 36: Undefined index: permissions
Notice line 37: Undefined index: condensed_output
Notice line 38: Undefined index: changes
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/albums/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Notice line 732: Undefined index: albums
Notice line 749: Undefined index: albums
Notice line 782: Undefined index: albums
Notice line 845: Undefined index: albums
Notice line 782: Undefined index: albums/index.php
Notice line 845: Undefined index: albums/index.php
Notice line 782: Undefined index: albums/edit/index.html
Notice line 845: Undefined index: albums/edit/index.html
Warning line 577: fopen(../galleryphotos/albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Warning line 578: filesize(): Stat failed for ../galleryphotos/albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder! (errno=2 - No such file or directory)
Warning line 578: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
Warning line 579: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 655: fopen(../galleryphotos/albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!/cpgvc_tf.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Warning line 642: opendir(../galleryphotos/albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
Notice line 688: Undefined index: albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Notice line 732: Undefined index: albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Notice line 749: Undefined index: albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Notice line 782: Undefined index: albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Notice line 845: Undefined index: albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/albums/edit/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Notice line 732: Undefined index: albums/edit
Notice line 749: Undefined index: albums/edit
Notice line 782: Undefined index: albums/edit
Notice line 845: Undefined index: albums/edit
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/albums/userpics/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Notice line 732: Undefined index: albums/userpics
Notice line 749: Undefined index: albums/userpics
Notice line 782: Undefined index: albums/userpics
Notice line 845: Undefined index: albums/userpics
Notice line 782: Undefined index: albums/userpics/index.php
Notice line 845: Undefined index: albums/userpics/index.php
Warning line 578: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0.
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!/cpgvc_tf.txt): Not a directory
Warning line 655: fopen(../galleryphotos/albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!/cpgvc_tf.txt): failed to open stream: Not a directory
Warning line 642: opendir(../galleryphotos/albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!): failed to open dir: Not a directory
Notice line 732: Undefined index: albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Notice line 749: Undefined index: albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Notice line 782: Undefined index: albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Notice line 845: Undefined index: albums/userpics/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/bridge/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/docs/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/docs/pics/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/docs/theme/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/include/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/include/makers/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/lang/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/logs/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/plugins/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/plugins/sample/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/plugins/sef_urls/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/sql/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/classic/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/classic/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/eyeball/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/eyeball/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/fruity/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/fruity/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/hardwired/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/hardwired/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/igames/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/igames/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/mac_ox_x/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/mac_ox_x/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/project_vii/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/project_vii/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/rainy_day/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/rainy_day/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/sample/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/sample/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/water_drop/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory
Warning line 654: unlink(../galleryphotos/themes/water_drop/images/cpgvc_tf.txt): No such file or directory

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 10:15:12 am »

Turn notices_display off. Unless you're a developer who understands what those messages mean, never turn that option on again (as suggested in the docs). Turn debug_mode off unless you actually have issues that require it to be turned on.
You can't copy & paste images into a textfield of a BBS like SMF. Use the "additional options" link when composing your message to attach a screenshot (or another file) as an attachment.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 06:55:33 pm »

Turn notices_display off. Unless you're a developer who understands what those messages mean, never turn that option on again (as suggested in the docs). Turn debug_mode off unless you actually have issues that require it to be turned on.  You can't copy & paste images into a textfield of a BBS like SMF. Use the "additional options" link when composing your message to attach a screenshot (or another file) as an attachment.

I have turned both of the above to off.  Thank you for explaining the correct way to attach the screenshot. 

Do I need to do anything else with my gallery as far as the upgrade or is it okay to have all those duplicate files and error messages?

Thanks again,
Jeanne

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 07:42:48 am »

Please post the screenshot as suggested.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 06:56:41 am »

Ok, I know this is so lame, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post the screenshot.  I did the PrtScn and then pasted it into Word but since it is a doc file, it cannot be attached.  In order to get the whole versioncheck, it ended up being 8 pages in Word.  Sorry to be so high maintenance, I have never had to post a screenshot before.  What is the best way to go about doing this?  Should I copy and paste the pages into another program and save as a jpg?  Do you need a screenshot of the entire versioncheck or just the Summary?

Thanks for your patience, you are probably ready to pull your hair out by now with my newbie questions.
Jeanne

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 06:59:57 am »

Trying screenshot again...

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 07:04:11 am »

screenshot pgs 2-4

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 06:20:56 pm »

Obviously you haven't performed the upgrade properly. Upload all cpg1.4.10 files from the package to your server as suggested in the upgrade instructions of the docs.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 08:06:49 pm »

Upload all cpg1.4.10 files from the package to your server as suggested in the upgrade instructions of the docs.

All, except the "albums" directory, correct?  That is what I did in the upload.  Will try again.

surfgirl

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 09:05:04 pm »

Ok, I did the upgrade again and am attaching the screen shot(s).  I think it looks better this time...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.