Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo exchange by keeping comments and description  (Read 2057 times)

AndreasDe

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.depping-foto.de
photo exchange by keeping comments and description
« on: March 01, 2004, 04:24:14 pm »

Hello,
I am new in this forum but use coppermine since about one year on different websites.
How ist possible to exchange pictures from an existing file by keeping all comments and descriptions.
I would like to develop a picture dictionary in my school, but donīt habve pictures for all the terms. So I want to use first of all a "dummy" picture and give the name of the file. My pupils shall explain the term with the comments. When I have a photo that fits I want to exchange it with the dummy, but the contributions of my pupils shall remain there.
I tried it allready with exchanging the old file with a new one and the same filename.But the thumbnails must also change.
Still I am looking for an "easy" way to do it.
Thanks for your support.
Andreas

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
photo exchange by keeping comments and description
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 04:36:45 pm »

To change the thumb as well, use the re-size tool to re-build the thums in that album.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

AndreasDe

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.depping-foto.de
thank you
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 01:21:53 pm »

thank you casper ! it works- so I can really start with my project. When the basic version is online I inform you and if you like you can become an author  :wink: .
Andreas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.